Defensive Carry banner

Greetings from Western New York (Erie Cty)

754 views 26 replies 26 participants last post by  slugger6 
#1 ·
Hello all...

I am recently retired Master Chief from the USCG that is filling out the application for my permit in Erie Cty. Any help or tidbits would be appreciated. I have been told that the LEOSA and my Law Enforcement background would make it a sure bet, but with the process taking 8 +/- months, I want to get it right the first time.

Scott

#6 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

#9 ·
Welcome from Wisconsin, Master Chief! Enjoying retirement like I am, lol?

Does your DD 214 help? In Wisconsin that's all we have to send in for proof of firearms training. It takes the place of a CCL class. Your state laws may be different & I'm sure they are.

#20 ·
Welcome aboard! And thank you for your service!

I am in Genesee county myself. My county is a lot quicker at about 4-6 months. I've had mine for about 10 years now and not sure my Marine Corps time helped or not. I just upgraded mine to unrestricted this summer. Yes you read that right. Our local judge didn't like the unrestricted part for many many years but now does.

I've heard Erie can take a year or more (I think I was hearing up to 18 months). I think Monroe county was at least a year too. Patience is going to be your friend here that's for sure. Good luck!! When ya get it lemme know and we can throw some lead down range!!

Dean

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.