Glad i found you guys!

This is a discussion on Glad i found you guys! within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Never too old to learn. i believe i'll have my masters by the time i drain your collective brain. good stuff here! might as well ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Glad i found you guys!

Glad i found you guys!

Never too old to learn. i believe i'll have my masters by the time i drain your collective brain. good stuff here!

might as well get you guys whipping me right off the bat...wife has that bent finger, painful type hand arthritis. settled on an lcr 22 as her
    bedside companion when i swing over to nightshift. she likes it and i like that she likes it. i feel ok about this setup for her loaded with cci velocitors.

can she hit an eyeball at 20'...probably not. but she is fully capable of 3-4 quick ones center mass.

let the flogging begin.

by the way...i don't do facebook stuff or any other forum (posting) participation. the stuff that you guys offer here is to me very very important.
    i won't be bangin' back and forth on a constant basis. please don't interpret this as disrespect! i do appreciate any and all feedback and i will respond as time permits.

CIAO

9/27/12

You guys are a class act! Throwing stuff at the wall and determining if it sticks, or how to make it stick, is why i am here. I get this sense of integrity here that is hard to find. Thanks for your welcomes and opinions! CIAO
    Last edited by Gnocchi; September 27th, 2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: THANKS TO ALL

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Gnocchi View Post
    Never too old to learn. i believe i'll have my masters by the time i drain your collective brain. good stuff here!

might as well get you guys whipping me right off the bat...wife has that bent finger, painful type hand arthritis. settled on an lcr 22 as her
    bedside companion when i swing over to nightshift. she likes it and i like that she likes it. i feel ok about this setup for her loaded with cci velocitors.

can she hit an eyeball at 20'...probably not. but she is fully capable of 3-4 quick ones center mass.

let the flogging begin.

by the way...i don't do facebook stuff or any other forum (posting) participation. the stuff that you guys offer here is to me very very important.
    i won't be bangin' back and forth on a constant basis. please don't interpret this as disrespect! i do appreciate any and all feedback and i will respond as time permits.

CIAO
    Welcome from NH

There is nothing wrong with a .22. I love .22 they are plenty of protection. check out ballistics on youtube for them. Can shoot through wood, metal ect.. I own a 10/22 and p22 myself and they are very fun to shoot.
    Gnocchi likes this.

Hi and welcome to the forum from California!

Being comfortable with and using a .22 LR for her defense is sure a whole lot better than using nothing. I know I wouldn't want to be on the business end of one. There are pros and cons no matter what the caliber. Just let her know that there's nothing wrong with 5 or 6 to center mass either.
    Gnocchi likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Welcome from So Cal!
    Gnocchi likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    Gnocchi likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome from Iowa!
    Gnocchi likes this.
    Carry everywhere it's legal.

“Never bring a knuck buck to a gunfight.” d0nturner, ohioccwforums.org

Distinguished Member Array S&WOwner's Avatar
    Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
    Gnocchi likes this.

Welcome from Ohio.
    Gnocchi likes this.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome. Shoot the biggest caliber you can shoot accurately and quickly... if that is a .22 so be it.
    Gnocchi likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Welcome from NE.

Being comfortable with a firearm promotes confidence. Better to shoot a .22 well than maybe get a shot off with something else.
    Gnocchi likes this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Welcome from SE Michigan. A bullet is a bullet. As long as it puts holes in the BG's when necessary and she is comfortable firing it, good for her.
    Gnocchi likes this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Distinguished Member
    Welcome from NC.
    Gnocchi likes this.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Welcome from Alaska.

My two self defense uses of a firearm both involved a tiny .22LR revolver. No need to shoot in either instance, one of the BG's yelled "He has a gun", and the whole crowd took off. Both times.

As I see it, for a civilian with a gun caliber is going to matter maybe 5 times out of 100. (The other 95 will envolved clean underwear and fast running shoes.)

Compare that to 100 encounters in which the civilian does not have a firearm, and would be at the "mercy" of the bad guy.

She should go with what she can shoot, and be ready to use it if need be.
    Gnocchi likes this.

Glad i found you guys!
    We have been wondering when you were going to show up. Where you been?
    Welcome from Oklahoma.

Michael
    Gnocchi likes this.

Welcome from Delaware!
    Gnocchi likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links