You can find me in St. Louis rollin' on dubs...

This is a discussion on You can find me in St. Louis rollin' on dubs... within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from Michigan!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You can find me in St. Louis rollin' on dubs...

VIP Member
    Welcome from Michigan!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

2. Remove Ads

Welcome, from a neighbor in St. Peters! Born and raised in north county and work all over st Louis now. I can only give what range experience I've had, which is all outdoors, with the exception of Ultimate Decense. They are a top notch range, friendly to novice and experienced shooters alike. I always give them top reccomendations to anyone. Lose enough to patronize them. They have great classes geared towards new shooters, towards females only and to helping pick that perfect ccw handgun. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroft10 View Post

Which range is your favorite? I've only been to Top Gun, but I enjoyed it. I've heard negative things about Bullseye, and when I called inquiring about a price of a gun, it somehow turned into an unsolicited rant about Obama (apparently they don't have "any guns" right now "and it will only get worse if he gets elected." What?). I've also looked at Ultimate Defense, but haven't been there yet. Thoughts?
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger SR22

VIP Member
    Welcome from Wisconsin>

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hello and Welcome from Southeast Kansas!

Welcome from the Great Lakes State Lara!
    Good to have you aboard.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Laura-

First; welcome to the world of firearms from a former Show Me stater; there's a bunch of good people in that world.

Second; when you are ready for training and getting your CCW may I suggest John Ross for an instructor (John Ross Concealed Carry Training and Author Unintended Consequences Henry Bowman Missouri). A few here might recognize the name, as said in the link he is the author of "Unintended Consequences" a cult classic of the gun culture. His classes are 2 part, classroom first then the shooting qualification is at his private stone quarry. John is a class III FFL (machine-guns) dealer and brings some of his demo units for the students to play with after qualifications, including his GLOCK 18 (full auto 9mm pistol) classic Thompson etc I hear it is a real blast (rumors of Tannerite ).
    Wow! Laura, if you have a chance to take a class with John Ross, do it! Then you should read his book. But no matter what, read his book!. It should be required reading for every gun owner and patriotic American out there. Warning: you will not remain a liberal afterwards. Good luck!

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin! I hope your application & licensing goes smoothly. We welcome a liberal voice in the gun totin' community. There aren't a lot of you, lol. We were pleasantly surprised when we got some votes from the Democratic side of the aisle in the Wisconsin Legislature for our new as of last November CCL law.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Welcome from Georgia!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. Nothing wrong with being a liberal in your 20's--as long as you still support the 2nd ammendment. I was a liberal in my 20s when I was in college and grad school. Then, after I got out into the "real world" again, I started becoming more and more conservative. And the term "liberal" has changed a LOT from what it originally meant! A "liberal" use to mean "open minded" and willing to be tolerant of other people's views and beliefs. Now, the "liberals" in our government feel that they are the only ones who know what is good for everyone and try to impose their beliefs and views on everyone else. Just stay "liberal" in the original sense, be tolerant of others, and learn.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Senior Moderator
    Welcome from Alabama
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Welcome aboard.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

P5
    Welcome from MD
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. Nothing wrong with being a liberal in your 20's--as long as you still support the 2nd ammendment. I was a liberal in my 20s when I was in college and grad school. Then, after I got out into the "real world" again, I started becoming more and more conservative. And the term "liberal" has changed a LOT from what it originally meant! A "liberal" use to mean "open minded" and willing to be tolerant of other people's views and beliefs. Now, the "liberals" in our government feel that they are the only ones who know what is good for everyone and try to impose their beliefs and views on everyone else. Just stay "liberal" in the original sense, be tolerant of others, and learn.
    *cough* Same sentiments can be said for the other side!

I'm probably more moderate these days, but yes, I'm open-minded, and clearly I support the 2nd Amendment (as I do all of the rest of them) or I wouldn't be here. ;) I just ask that people also remain open-minded with me. I mentioned my political leanings in my OP to illustrate how different this subculture is for me, but I'm not here to discuss politics. No one is going to change anyone else's minds, so it's not worth the debate. Don't ask, don't tell, keep it cool.

Welcome from So Cal! Keep us posted on your progress with your permit! Always nice to have the ideas and opinions of the fairer sex.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links