You can find me in St. Louis rollin' on dubs... - Page 3

You can find me in St. Louis rollin' on dubs...

This is a discussion on You can find me in St. Louis rollin' on dubs... within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You can find me in St. Louis rollin' on dubs...

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

welcome aboard.

St. Louis is like a checkerboard when it comes to good/bad areas. One block may have $250,000 homes and the block over has crack houses and gang activity.

I lived and worked in St. Louis for six (6) months ... helping open Papa John's restaurants. One Sunday evening I was shot in a robbery attempt just north of Wash U ... 14 year old gang banger. He was tried as an adult and sentenced to 15 years. I moved from MO.

Carry daily now ... good luck living in that area.

sent from ...

Welcome from Maryland Heights. If you are looking for a range try Metro Shooting Supply on St. Charles Rock Road and Fee Fee. Friendly, knowledgeable folks, nice selection of firearms and a nice range. If you are into "scatterguns" you can shoot lead buckshot there as well.

Hello I'm from saint Louis, live in Berkeley

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroft10 View Post
    ... now I'm poking my head out and looking at the rest of the forum.
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

I've decided it's time to obtain my CCW. I have always been terrified of guns, so I'm coming from absolutely zero knowledge ... and subsequently have gained a lot of respect towards firearms as tools.
    Congratulations on the step towards lawful carry. It's a responsibility, to be sure, but first and foremost it's high responsibility to the gift of life ... for you and yours.

As you say, it's just a tool. Little different than rope, a fire extinguisher, a steak knife, or a match. The right tool for the job. And when the chips are down and your life is being threatened in a dire situation, there often aren't many choices.

Legend has it that God made Man, but Sam Colt made 'em equal. In a very real sense, having the ability to bring a "trump card" to the table when your life's on the line might well be the only thing between you and the last thing you see in this world. It's why we go armed, 'cause the world is most definitely not a sane and rational place where the sun always comes up in the morning.

Be safe.

Welcome.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlc9 View Post
    I was shot in a robbery attempt just north of Wash U
    Aaaah, yep. That's my hood. I'm very sorry that happened to you.

@Pete: hmmm, when I called them, dude on the phone was rude and unhelpful. Maybe I just caught him when he was distracted.

I've been pretty happy with Top Gun in Arnold, but it sounds like Metro Shooting Supply is closer. I'll check it out. Thanks =]

Welcome from South Carolina... I urge you to peruse Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat. and I think it will give you a good foundation to continue your explorations on weapons and concealed carry. Be safe!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Welcome to the forum!
    My dad lives in Maryland Heights and when we visit we head over to St Louis... It has definitely changed in the last 20 years.

Hello, LauraCroft, and welcome from Springfield to this great forum - good folks and LOTS of info here! We have a son living in downtown STL. Stay safe and take care in the urban jungle!

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroft10 View Post
    When I say St. Louis, MO, I don't mean a tiny town an hour away. I live very much in the City, and I love it.
    I live in a tiny town 30 minutes away and love having an almost non existent crime rate.

I was raised in the city and wouldn't live there again if I was paid to do so.

Welcome to DefensiveCarry.com from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Welcome from Ohio.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    I live in a tiny town 30 minutes away and love having an almost non existent crime rate.

I was raised in the city and wouldn't live there again if I was paid to do so.
    I do know a lot of people that feel like you. I just enjoy being at the center of all the culture and activities St. Louis has to offer. I'm open to that changing one day, but right now I love it!

Distinguished Member Array S&WOwner's Avatar
    Never tooooo late to welcome you aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

Welcome from St. Charles, MO.

Check out Nassau Sporting Goods for firearms purchases (off Spring Drive near Cave Springs & 70). Female shop owner, great prices, helpful & knowledgeable staff.

Top Gun is a bit pricey and Metro is owned by the folks that own Belleville Gun Club (and they have Illinois pricing).
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links