I am trying a new forum.. - Page 3

I am trying a new forum..

This is a discussion on I am trying a new forum.. within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome to DefensiveCarry.com from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I am trying a new forum..

Welcome to DefensiveCarry.com from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Welcome, and I think your criteria make absolute sense! I started with a Glock 17 (a full size 9 MM), then got a Glock 26 (the sub-compact 9 MM). You could squeeze in the Glock 19 (another 9 MM) between the two. Mine are equipped exactly the same, even down to the night sights, as well as my holsters! I now have two 26's, a 17 and a 36, all with the same exact manual of arms. I love simplicity!

There are obviously other manufacturers with lines that are similar, and Glocks can be had in almost any common pistol caliber.

One quick note - 9 MM ammo is cheap compared to other center-fire calibers. Glocks have significantly fewer parts than many other platforms, are easy to breakdown and clean, are relatively inexpensive, have a reputation for reliability, but zero gun aficionado appeal.

Having said that, I do not carry revolvers, but I am sure there are some very fine choices there also!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Thanks very much folks.

Thank you all for the welcomes, even though I did start off without introducing myself. Most of you really took the time to read my first post and your responses were fairly focused.

As far as introducing myself, I am a guy in TN., who has grown up with the right attitude about gun ownership, though I never really wanted to own one.

Now that I carry money around by myself and get in and out of my vehicle many times in several hours for work, I have decided to exercise my right to protect myself.. Hopefully no one will ever even need to know I own a gun (..not that I care if they do.).

I really appreciate all of your replies, and most of what you all stated, including listening to those who know from experience. ... I am, and will continue doing so.

Just wanted to get a line on some guns to research.

MOST OF ALL, IN A TIME WHERE COMMON SENSE SEEMS TO BE DIMINISHING... THANK YOU ALL FOR COMPREHENSION AND CONTRIBUTION... encouraging.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

M&P40 and M&P40c will fit the bill.

Welcome to the forum from Pensacola, FL.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Texas.

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona via Fort Bliss, Texas

Welcome from St. Louis. I'm sorry you appear to have had a negative experience in a past forum.

I definitely am not qualified to answer your question, but I hope that you come to realize that no one here is trying to talk down to you. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about teaching and sharing their experiences. If they tell you something you already know, smile, nod, thank them. It's part of learning. It will make you better at your craft.

You asked a totally legitimate question and I am filing it away for future use.

I hope you enjoy it here, good luck with your endeavors, and welcome!
    gottabkiddin likes this.

VIP Member
    G-19 G26
    Welcome from Wisconsin>

Hello, Jopair, and welcome from Missouri to this great forum. Good folks and LOTS of info here. Hopeuflly someone will be able to answer your very specific question.

P5
    WOW..... Welcome from Md
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. That's all I'm saying--I don't want to break "the rules"!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Welcome

Clocks come in small, medium, and large and in all the fun favorite calibers.

That's were I would start my search.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Welcome neighbor!!! Being that I am a Ruger guy I would choose SR9 & SR9C...YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by jopair View Post
    Thank you all for the welcomes, even though I did start off without introducing myself. Most of you really took the time to read my first post and your responses were fairly focused.

As far as introducing myself, I am a guy in TN., who has grown up with the right attitude about gun ownership, though I never really wanted to own one.

Now that I carry money around by myself and get in and out of my vehicle many times in several hours for work, I have decided to exercise my right to protect myself.. Hopefully no one will ever even need to know I own a gun (..not that I care if they do.).

I really appreciate all of your replies, and most of what you all stated, including listening to those who know from experience. ... I am, and will continue doing so.

Just wanted to get a line on some guns to research.

MOST OF ALL, IN A TIME WHERE COMMON SENSE SEEMS TO BE DIMINISHING... THANK YOU ALL FOR COMPREHENSION AND CONTRIBUTION... encouraging.
    You'll notice that this forum particularly is very well moderated so you get a lot of intelligent replies with very few exception... I like this forum so much it's my home page on my tablet. Stick around and this place will certainly grow on you... It certainly has on me.

One pairing that hasn't been mentioned is Kimber 1911s. You can get the exact same features on a gun in a 3" barrel, 4" barrel, or 5" barrel, and the full or compact grips. There are of course many variations of each but I have found them to be excellent guns. You might hear differently from other people but it's a forum and that is to be expected. Some of the kimbers can also be found in 9mm but it makes it a little harder to get the same exact features. Otherwise all the operations are the same, and if you go with .45acp it is pretty hard to consider it under-gunned.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links