Hello cowboys and girls !

This is a discussion on Hello cowboys and girls ! within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Im Eddie from miami FL. Dont know much in terms of terminology when it comes to guns, example hoppes heard it mentioned somewhere in a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello cowboys and girls !

Im Eddie from miami FL. Dont know much in terms of terminology when it comes to guns, example hoppes heard it mentioned somewhere in a website, and other words also cant remember, i'll ask sometimes wat they mean or stand for. Anyways I found this site wen i typed in (whats the differance between a 442 and 642) 38special, and it brought me to this website yesturday. Im getting my gun tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. Im excited, its already paid for but hear in florida we have to wait 6 days after purchasing to pick it up, thats just the law hear there very stricked. Anyway I chosed to buy the 642 only because the # was bigger so i figured its better, lol. But its true. I like the looks the style the size the hammerless look. Never heard of this gun before but then i wasent much really into guns till now,i got a wake up call the other day when i came home and found the back door open, it put a chill up my spine thinking that someone can still be ther while im standing in my living room. I walked out fast and called 911 . They found no one bad guys had come and gone already. In florida homeowners have the right to shoot anyone onthere property or home if there life or family are threatened, im playing it safe from now on , also goin to get my concealed weapon permit. Thanx for taking the time reading my post, and hellow everyone...

Welcome to DC Eddie. There is a lot of valuable information to be found on this site and others, and I hope you can make good use of it.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Welcome Aboard! This is a great site and there are alot of great people here with plenty of experience and knowledge. With all the questions youhave, and will have, the search function is your friend but ask away and you'll get set in the right direction! Be careful and stay safe! I also hope the intruders in your home didn't take you for too much!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Wink

Welcome from Southeast Kansas!

Hi Eddie.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin, Eddie! I'm sorry to hear about your break-in.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Welcome from Michigan Eddie!
    Good to have you aboard.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.

There's a wealth of knowledge here, use it. Be aware though, just buying a gun does not make you safe. You need to know how to use it safely as well as when to use it. I would also suggest you take a safety course at the earliest available date.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Welcome from NC.

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Hello Eddie

VIP Member
    Welcome from Michigan!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Senior Moderator
    Welcome from Alabama
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamieddie View Post
    ...In florida homeowners have the right to shoot anyone onthere property or home if there life or family are threatened...
    I'm not claiming to know everything but, you most certainly do not have a "right" to shoot anyone! If you shoot someone, you can claim it was done in self defense but it still has to be proven that the shooting was justified.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona via Fort Bliss, Texas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links