Defensive Carry banner

Hello cowboys and girls !

1K views 34 replies 31 participants last post by  Glhadiator 
#1 ·
Im Eddie from miami FL. Dont know much in terms of terminology when it comes to guns, example hoppes heard it mentioned somewhere in a website, and other words also cant remember, i'll ask sometimes wat they mean or stand for. Anyways I found this site wen i typed in (whats the differance between a 442 and 642) 38special, and it brought me to this website yesturday. Im getting my gun tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. Im excited, its already paid for but hear in florida we have to wait 6 days after purchasing to pick it up, thats just the law hear there very stricked. Anyway I chosed to buy the 642 only because the # was bigger so i figured its better, lol. But its true. I like the looks the style the size the hammerless look. Never heard of this gun before but then i wasent much really into guns till now,i got a wake up call the other day when i came home and found the back door open, it put a chill up my spine thinking that someone can still be ther while im standing in my living room. I walked out fast and called 911 . They found no one bad guys had come and gone already. In florida homeowners have the right to shoot anyone onthere property or home if there life or family are threatened, im playing it safe from now on , also goin to get my concealed weapon permit. Thanx for taking the time reading my post, and hellow everyone...

#2 ·
Welcome to DC Eddie. There is a lot of valuable information to be found on this site and others, and I hope you can make good use of it.

#3 ·
Welcome Aboard! This is a great site and there are alot of great people here with plenty of experience and knowledge. With all the questions youhave, and will have, the search function is your friend but ask away and you'll get set in the right direction! Be careful and stay safe! I also hope the intruders in your home didn't take you for too much!

#8 ·
Welcome from Virginia.

There's a wealth of knowledge here, use it. Be aware though, just buying a gun does not make you safe. You need to know how to use it safely as well as when to use it. I would also suggest you take a safety course at the earliest available date.

#14 ·
...In florida homeowners have the right to shoot anyone onthere property or home if there life or family are threatened...
I'm not claiming to know everything but, you most certainly do not have a "right" to shoot anyone! If you shoot someone, you can claim it was done in self defense but it still has to be proven that the shooting was justified.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

#16 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

#24 ·
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Eddie, better double check those laws about shooting anyone on your property...I'm just sayin':blink:

ret :31:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.