Defensive Carry banner

Hi from Denver

1K views 30 replies 30 participants last post by  pgrass101 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just joined DefensiveCarry after finding a thread on a Google search about jogging with CCW. I have had a permit since I turned 21, but treated it rather cavalierly until recently. I didn't have many holsters, and it often stayed home or in my car when it was inconvenient. I recently decided to make it more a part of my lifestyle. Everybody has heard about what happened in Aurora, and now we have a kidnapper/murderer out there as well.

Unfortunately I am a full time student as well as working full time at a building cladding systems manufacturer, and neither place allows weapons on the premises. I have a problem with that since I take night classes, but I can't risk losing my permit to carry OR my job.

I carry my brand-new P238 most frequently now because of its ease of concealment, but whenever possible I carry the P229 that I have had since 2000. I also own a Makarov .380 and a Mauser HSc .32 but both of these are inherited guns and not really carry weapons. I just today rebuilt the Mauser with new springs because it had a bad problem with feeding issues, but it is still just something to take to the range now and then, and keep it to remember my grandpa.

Before I got the P238 I carried the Makarov when the 229 was too bulky (which is most of the time) but it is still not really that compact. I'd like to add a 3.5" 1911 to the collection, and maybe a P938 also. But I have some good options for now.

I bought my husband a Sig Nightmare 1911 for his birthday and I've been avoiding shooting that too often in case I start liking it too much. I think after shooting it and now the P238, I am turning into a 1911 convert. I love my P229 but it is bulky and I just seem to enjoy shooting the single action pistols more now--even when the 229 is in SA mode, I still like the other guns better. I could not say why.

But I used it for IDPA because I have so many more years of familiarity with it. So the jury is still out on it.

I know my EDC gun is considered a BUG by most, but with women's clothing there aren't as many options and I am building a collection of holsters.

I recently tried IDPA and while my performance was abysmal, it was tons of fun. Other than that I go to the range as often as I can afford to. I'm definitely not any sort of markswoman, but I can keep my shots in a torso-sized area :D

Other than that I like Mustangs, Jeeps, motorcycles, reading, drawing and gardening.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.