New Member - Page 2

This is a discussion on New Member within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome to the forum!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: New Member

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum!
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Welcome to DefensiveCarry.com from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think your username is inappropriate.
    Pleased to meet you, Yoda. My username is a sort-of nickname given to me by some colleagues years ago because I have a tendency to dismantle poorly crafted arguments and policies without necessarily caring about the power associated with the person or persons making them. I would hope you understand that my joining this forum is associated with my strong belief in the 2nd Amendment, but it might not be clear that I have just as strong, if not stronger, belief in the 1st. I sincerely hope my brief explanation at least gives you some perspective on my having chose it. If you believe that in this context my username is likely detrimental to the reputation of this forum or its membership, as a VIP member I am sure you have the capacity to bring the matter to the attention of the appropriate moderators to have it reviewed.
    First Sgt likes this.

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think your username is inappropriate.
    Agreed.

You should have given your user name more thought.

Your user name is Totally inappropriate and it is disrespectful to those who may have had bombs thrown at them.

Anyway, enjoy the forum.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    Pleased to meet you, Yoda. My username is a sort-of nickname given to me by some colleagues years ago because I have a tendency to dismantle poorly crafted arguments and policies without necessarily caring about the power associated with the person or persons making them. I would hope you understand that my joining this forum is associated with my strong belief in the 2nd Amendment, but it might not be clear that I have just as strong, if not stronger, belief in the 1st. I sincerely hope my brief explanation at least gives you some perspective on my having chose it. If you believe that in this context my username is likely detrimental to the reputation of this forum or its membership, as a VIP member I am sure you have the capacity to bring the matter to the attention of the appropriate moderators to have it reviewed.
    Welcome to the forum from down South Carolina way...

I personally agree with your explanation...It's not up to anyone but yourself as to what your username/nickname is, as long as it is "family friendly"...This goes for "newbies" that have a problem with it as well as VIP members.

Glad to have you and I certainly appreciate those that are verbally capable of expressing their positions. I look forward to YOUR interaction in the forums...Be safe! Train, Train, Train...

Ain't the 1st Amendment wunnerful !!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Welcome from a fellow Michigander!
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Hello! Welcome from Southeast Kansas!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Welcome from Central Florida.

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Welcome from okl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bombthrower77 View Post
    Since this is a public forum your username and all comments are publicly displayed. I also support the complete Bill of Rights in our Constitution. Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater when there is none, is not protected speech and you would not be able to utter your username with impunity inside an airport. A visitor could read your username and surmise that we were a bunch of anarchists planning an assault.

With your explanation the "bombthrower" moniker is unrelated to an actual explosive device and merely a "nickname" because you stir trouble perhaps some explanation in your sig line would allay any possible misunderstandings.

Hi bombthrower77......(and also...welcome).

I think your username is original and fitting given it's context of derivement. No matter how you go, someone is gonna be pissed. I also think the Chrysler Corporation better rethink some of their vehicle identities....Ram, Dodge, Charger, New Yorker and so on. Bound to piss someone off, especially if they've ever been involved in an auto accident!

Hmmm....where was I? Oh, in answer to your inquiry with regard to "....how many is enough?"....hence my username, it's neverenough.

neverenough
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links