Defensive Carry banner

Greetings from NC!

1K views 35 replies 34 participants last post by  MrBuckwheat 
#1 ·
Thanks for having such a helpful forum! I have been reading a lot of the threads and here is a bunch of info here.

New gal to shooting here, at 40 years old I shot my first gun last week. I have always been interested but I never pursued it. Last week I visited a cousin up in the mountains of NC and he took me out to his favorite spot and showed me the basics. Now I am hooked. :smile:

I got to try a Kel-Tec P32, Browning BDM 9mm and then a Glock (a 17 I think?). We did not have enough time to get out the long guns that day, but I still had a lot of fun. Since I have small hands I really liked the grip on that BDM, and it didn't hurt that my first shot with it hit the bullseye. :rolleyes: Seeing as how that gun that hasn't been produced in over 10 years, it makes for an elusive gun to find for sale, so I am keeping my eyes open for something similar, but I definitely need to try more stuff to really figure out what I like.

I have a basic gun safety class this Wednesday, and I will be taking the concealed carry class mid-November. After the basics class I plan to hit the range a lot. I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Thanks for reading my intro, any advice is appreciated!

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome from Wisconsin! You have some time to get yourself a firearm (or 2, or 3, etc.) so don't do it in haste. There are plenty of good ones out there. You might be able to find a used BDM. Talk real nice to the one who loaned it to you to shoot. Maybe if the price is right...

#15 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...I applaud your choice to arm yourself...

You might find some useful information at this website: Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat.

Also, you might want to google LimaLife and Limatune.....She is a moderator here, an instructor, and VERY knowledgeable in dealing with female specific issues, problems, likes, dislikes, etc...Watch her videos and they will probably answer a multitude of your questions...

Be safe and at the first opportunity get some "professional" training in Defensive Pistol, Fighting Pistol, etc...

Reactions: EastCoastMojo
#20 ·

#23 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.