New CC'er from Texas.

This is a discussion on New CC'er from Texas. within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hey guys. I'm registered to take the CHL course on December 22nd and will have my license not long after. Getting licensed is something I've ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New CC'er from Texas.

New CC'er from Texas.

Hey guys. I'm registered to take the CHL course on December 22nd and will have my license not long after. Getting licensed is something I've actually been considering for a few years now. But after a few, let's say, uncomfortable experiences lately in the area of town my business is in, including a vehicle break-in, I've decided to finally to go through with it. I just don't feel safe anymore and I need to be able to defend myself as well as my business.

Until I can get my hands on an M&P Shield 9mm, which lord knows how long that may take, I'll be carrying my XD 9mm sub-compact which I really do like. It's a little bulkier than I'd prefer, but I'll make it work until I get the slimmer, easier-to-conceal Shield. As Im sure some of you may have done prior to getting licensed, I've been agonizing over which type of holster to employ. Should I carry IWB? OWB? After looking at well over 100 reviews on all types, I finally feel like I've found the perfect happy medium between the two. I'll be using the Galco Jak Slide to start off with. Technically it's an OWB but it holds the gun as close to my body as possible between my belt and my pants. I'm sure my preferences may change, but this is what I feel the most comfortable with.

I've already picked up quite a bit of good advice here before becoming a member and I look forward to sharing my own thoughts and experiences once I start carrying.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Good to have another member from our great state. Glean all the knowledge you can from this great site and it's people. Welcome from the Texas panhandle.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Good to have another member from our great state. Glean all the knowledge you can from this great site and it's people. Welcome from the Texas panhandle.
    Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to keep a mental list of the Texas guys here in case I have questions about our laws and procedures.

Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome! I carry an xd9sc in a desantis iwb holster. It's a good easy fit.

2xR

New CC'er from Texas.

Welcome - I gotta tell y'all how unbelievable I find our CCW requirements. I spent 6 years in the US Army (4 in the 2nd Spec Ops Group), and was still required to take a course in TX that required not only demonstrated text book knowledge, but also demonstrated proficiency in handling and discharging a weapon!

Since then, I have lived in PA and ID (currently), where neither require any evidence that you have either ever handled a firearm, nor are proficient with it. Instead they have only asked for a background check and my money...

It is frightening to think about who else out there may be carrying...

Sent from my iPhone 5 - using Tapatalk.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Hola.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Welcome from Delaware! Check out the Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, you can use the same holster both IWB or OWB, and adjust to many different cants as well.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Myk

Re: New CC'er from Texas.

Welcome from Ohio. I carry an XD40SC in a crossbreed supertuck, and find it really comfortable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    "When they bury me, make sure they bury me with my guns on. Im gonna need em. Cause when I get to the other side, there's some things that need straightening out." ~Bobaflex~

Welcome!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

Check out White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat I'm very pleased with my MaxTuck for IWB carry.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Hello, llmstratocaster, and welcome from Missouri to this great forum. Good people and LOTS of info here!

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Greetings and welcome from the Space Coast of Florida. I carry IWB with a cheap blackhawk holster and I feel quite comfortable with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links