New kid on the block!

This is a discussion on New kid on the block! within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hi! I like this site, real carry people! Even saw some threads on the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special. Of course, it's an expensive hobby, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New kid on the block!

03 [OP]

New kid on the block!

Hi! I like this site, real carry people! Even saw some threads on the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special. Of course, it's an expensive hobby, and I try not to get carried away, but I recently walked into a pawnshop just to look, and not to buy, and oh well! Saw a Taurus Raging Bull with 8 & 3/8 inch barrel in stainless steel, full length ribbing and underlug, terminating at the factory V-8 ported barrel with expansion chamber. Enough of that! This is a defensive carry site, and the big Taurus doesn't belong here. Oh, I've got a Makarov in 9x18 that I love to hit empty cans with at a hundred feet, and a Colt .38 special and a few other little odds and ends - one of which is my defensive carry; the Charter Arms Bulldog Pug. Now, I carried a rifle and a back pack for six years in the Marine Corps as 0311, and of course I've qualified with several platforms. You know, the M9 Beretta is my favorite auto pistol, but that's not for me as a defensive carry. The .44 special Bulldog Pug is what I carry concealed. Sure, I could pack that snappy looking Makarov, but how, God forbid, in a court of law, can one defend oneself if he had to shoot the perp multiple times? With the .44 special, a legal defense is easier because only one shot would be necessary. Purely a defensive platform, delivering a munition of 260 grain at 1000 fps. I consider it a defensive system; I have two Galco Gun leather holsters for it - a pocket holster and a belt holster. In summer it goes in the pocket. In winter, on the belt, covered by a sweater or jacket. Also, I have Crimson Trace Laser Grips on it, and a pistol safe bolted onto the frame in the cab of my Ford pickup truck - because I can't carry it into work with me at the hospital. Now let me shut my suck and try to post a pic or two, since a picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe I should have posted the pics first! Eh?008.jpg001.jpg002.jpg

2. Remove Ads

mkh
    Welcome from NE Florida.
    03 likes this.

Welcome!
    03 likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

03 [OP]
    Hey, thanks! Good to be on board!

03 [OP]
    Boricua, estoy estudiando el español. Posilble me enseñas frases españoles de las armas, eh? Jajaja!
    boricua likes this.

Welcome to DC!!
    03 likes this.

03 [OP]
    Thanks, Grayskies! Really like this site!

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    03 likes this.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Welcome to the forum!

You'll find lots of very sound information here! Either that, or we'll make something up!!!
    03 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by 03 View Post
    Boricua, estoy estudiando el español. Posilble me enseñas frases españoles de las armas, eh? Jajaja!
    Será un placer. :)
    03 likes this.
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Welcome from South Carolina...
    03 likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

03 [OP]
    Thanks, Old Chief! You a Navy man?

03 [OP]
    Boricua, te envié un mensaje de la página de mensajes, pero no sé si la has recibido. Es un poco difícil aprender usar la funciona de enviar mensajes en esta programa, esto pienso yo. Por lo tanto, quiero decir estoy muy lastimado con lo que ha pasado al Macho Camacho. Ojalá él pueda mejorarse de la herida. Aúnque pienso es posible, con milagro. He tenido muchos amigos de Puerto Rico cuando estaba en el servicio al colores. Mucho gusto en conocerte, amigo. Vivo en Oklahoma, treinta millas al norte del Rio Rojo.

03 [OP]
    Hey! Thanks, Top!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 03 View Post
    Boricua, te envié un mensaje de la página de mensajes, pero no sé si la has recibido. Es un poco difícil aprender usar la funciona de enviar mensajes en esta programa, esto pienso yo. Por lo tanto, quiero decir estoy muy lastimado con lo que ha pasado al Macho Camacho. Ojalá él pueda mejorarse de la herida. Aúnque pienso es posible, con milagro. He tenido muchos amigos de Puerto Rico cuando estaba en el servicio al colores. Mucho gusto en conocerte, amigo. Vivo en Oklahoma, treinta millas al norte del Rio Rojo.
    Si, recibí el mensaje. Mucho gusto en conocerte, tambien.
    03 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links