Stationed in Illinois - Which means no concealed carry for me... - Page 3

Stationed in Illinois - Which means no concealed carry for me...

This is a discussion on Stationed in Illinois - Which means no concealed carry for me... within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from Kentucky!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stationed in Illinois - Which means no concealed carry for me...

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Welcome from Kentucky!

Welcome from South Carolina...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Hello! Welcome from Southeast Kansas!

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Thanks for all the greetings; I'm a member of a couple other forums and have never had so many! It's nice that folks that are just plain polite and friendly around here. I am really starting to like this forum! Thanks again everybody!
    "Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    "Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness." ~ Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    Welcome!

Quad Cities, can't you just step across the river into Davenport and have a bit of fun?
    LOL, I wish... In order to do ANYTHING that involves a firearm in Illinois you have to have your FOID card. So, I figure - since Iowa doesn't require stupidity... err, an ID card - I thought I'd pop in to the local Walmart in Davenport, Iowa - just across the Mighty Mississippississippippissippi - and get some .45. NOPE. They, of course, ask to see a driver license, and that's all good. But, since I HAVE to have an Illinois driver's license, they asked to see my FOID and that ended the transaction. I even tried to hand them my military ID first - that one's saved my ass plenty of times, particularly with LEOs! But, it still didn't work. I've even looked at getting an Iowa concealed carry permit, but they wont issue to non-residents. To think; I grew up in Nebraska, of all places, despising all things Iowegian and now look at me; hat in hand asking for a concealed carry. It's pathetic, really! LOL
    "Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    "Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness." ~ Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Welcome from Ohio.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome to the forum Happy Holidays to you and yours!
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links