1st post, idea for gun control - Page 4

1st post, idea for gun control

This is a discussion on 1st post, idea for gun control within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello, Kmcg, and welcome from Missouri to this great forum - good people and LOTS of info here! Hot topic you initiated there!...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 1st post, idea for gun control

Hello, Kmcg, and welcome from Missouri to this great forum - good people and LOTS of info here! Hot topic you initiated there!

Welcome from Massachusetts

Senior Moderator
    1. Allow mental heath care workers to report unstable people without fear of HIPAA
    2. End all “gun free zones”
    3.Ban magazines over 17 for handgun, over 30 for rifle
    4.National reciprocity for CCW
    5. Back ground checks for private sales
    Lots of uncharted territory there.
    One this that constantly changes is ones mental health.
    Where would you draw the line? Many people that go through a divorce could be considered mentally unhealthy. When would that distinction end? Would is stay with you forever? Would your right to self defense be denied forever because you got a divorce 30 years agon and you were feeling depressed, lethargic or just didnt want to go to work? Who would say that you were unhealthy? A liberal politician that was a known gun hater and didnt think you should have any black rifles?

That's a start.

Whats the point? A compromise...for what? The rabid anti gun fanatics will never be happy. First 17, then 10, then 6, and eventually 0.

National reciprocity sounds good and it would work IF correctly administered. Not trusting the Federal Government to mortally screw things up, though, I dont want them anywhere near it. Its not that I dont trust them...its just that I dont trust them. do you trust the government that has caused the highest "fiscal cliff" in the history of the free world to do anything right? I dont .

Negative. For one its unenforcable. Do that and what's next? Back ground checks serve no purpose other than de facto registration and the ONLY purpose for registration of ANY weapon is eventually confiscation.

Go do your homework and try again. What you have may sound good to the people of Little Rhody, but to the rest of us that aren't bound by chains, you have little there that I am interested in. BTW, I used to live in Tiverton.Every heard of it?
    zacii likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

MJK
    Suggested solutions:
    1. Public school officials should stop denying these incidents can
    occur in their schools and adopt what follows with no delay.
    2. Harden the target - controlled access, metal detectors, locked
    doors, etc.
    3. Armed security whenever building is occupied by students.
    4. Active shooter response plans in place and practiced regularly.
    5. Outlaw "gun free" school zones.
    6. Establish close and regular contacts with local LE.

This will work and it is not that complicated. Gun bans or restrictions have already been proven ineffective.

Just sayin'...
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Thanks for all the great responses, not saying my idea was the best, just trying to think outside the box.

And Tiverton...I gotta go over a bridge to get there, so I've heard of it but never been, that's way to far for a Rhode Islander to drive! (a little RI humor)

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    There's no reason to add more limitations on firearm ownership or possession. We have tons of laws in place already. The issue is with humanity, and you can't legislate a fix for it. The only thing you can do is accept that evil exists and allow individuals to defend themselves against it as best they can.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

First off I have to say you have some guts coming here and posting "anti-gun" ideas. Gun control will never work, just like what everyone says "you are only taking guns from the good guys" a good example of this is drugs, drug are illegal but does that stop people NO. Even if you could remove guns completely there are still knives, bats, sticks, poles, cars, chemicals (bombs), it comes down to if someone wants to kill they will.

Here is my theory on "gun control" most of America is like a herd of cattle. None of which think for themselves, and only know what they are told. the media says "guns are bad" so the general population thinks guns are bad. Then guns are taken away, now the "cattle" are told there are no guns and the world is safe. All its doing is creating a false sense of security for the closed minded ignorant Americans.
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

Welcome from Michigan!
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    hit what you are aiming at!

Welcome from Ohio.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gun control. Ya I use both hands nuff said.

Whenever I hear the term "gun control" visions like the California gun buy back scene comes to mind... The second thought that pops into my head is; I wonder just how many murderers, rapest, muggers and generally just plain bad folks were in that line to sell their guns to the state.... There is no such thing as gun control. There might be gun limitations and gun confiscations, but you can't control something that's available to any and everyone, and thought of as highly as gold to criminals. Any limitations placed on firearms only hurts the good guy, i.e. civilians. The bad guys will still aquire what they need to support their trade. Like its been said before, and rightly so IMO; the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun, preferably a bigger one...just saying.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I freely admit to being a simple minded country born hick. But just in my limited vision of things heres the long and short of the whole gun control, mass shooting crime etc problem.
    Mental health workers are for a fact often more screwed up than the people they are treating. My wife worked in the field for while with highly educated brain busters and soon learned that fact. And fact it is. So that dont work.
    Honestly folks. Guns have been around since the US and before. Bad guys have been around since before guns.
    We are talking about a fact of life here and trying to figure out ways to change it. Bad people do bad stuff to good people. Good people either fight back so the bad guys lose or they dont. Its no wonder nothing anyone comes up with works. You cannot change human nature. It is what it is from person to person.
    You cant make a bunch of laws tieing up the hands of everyone that obeys laws thinking its going to change the behavior of bad guys.
    Warning signs that someone will do some horrible something are ridiculous also. Lots of really weird people never hurt anyone. Lot of really normal acting folks turn out to be serial killers too.
    How about this for starters and enders too. No restrictions on anyone about guns type or capacity or any other weapon until they actually DO something like use a weapon of any kind to commit a violent crime. Once they do then no gun no knife club or sharp stick just jail or death penalty depending on what you did and sorry bub your rights went out the window when you threw them away by killing grandma for her church goin money.

Ok its simplistic. most things that work well are. Im putting on my crash helmet now so fire away LOL.

You have to understand that nothing put forth by the pro-gun community will satisfy or be acceptable to the anti-gun crowd.

They want complete disarmament. They will lie all day long and tell you that is not the case.

The only way to get rid of all the anti-gunners in one fell swoop would be for the NRA and the pro-gun community to get up and say we need a complete weapons ban! They would all vapor lock and die of a heart attack over what they just heard.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links