1st post, idea for gun control

This is a discussion on 1st post, idea for gun control within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; That's quite a first post, considering what forum you're on....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 1st post, idea for gun control

That's quite a first post, considering what forum you're on.
    pittypat21 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Kmcg1525 View Post
    So, here is my 5 point idea:

1. Allow mental heath care workers to report unstable people without fear of HIPAA
    2. End all “gun free zones”
    3.Ban magazines over 17 for handgun, over 30 for rifle
    4.National reciprocity for CCW
    5. Back ground checks for private sales
    Here are 3 other points of view...

1. We have given and given into their "reasonable infringement" laws and we get nothing in return.
    2. "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    3. "What is right is not always popular, what is popular is not always right."
    -- Howard Cosell

What is right is the 2nd amendment and it is our right, just as the people can choose to worship as they please via the 1st amendment. We should not accept any thing less than the 2nd amendment affords us.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I've been following this board for sometime, was meaning to post a hello some time ago, but never did. Hopefully people don't discount what I have to say due to my lack of activity, but I would understand if they did.

I have an idea for gun control, I know, not a great way to start posting. Both pro-gun and anti-gun people are outraged by this recent tragedy, we need to be part of the solution, I believe the days of drawing a hard line will not work this time.

Here is my idea, look at it as a whole, not just individual pieces that people may or may not like. I do not blame the guns for this tragedy, nor do I think that my ideas would have stopped it, but the public will be looking for a scapegoat to blame for this and they will blame the guns. Changes are going to come of this and I fear that they will not be good, we need to have pro-gun people involved in the conversation. So, here is my 5 point idea:

1. Allow mental heath care workers to report unstable people without fear of HIPAA
    2. End all “gun free zones”
    3.Ban magazines over 17 for handgun, over 30 for rifle
    4.National reciprocity for CCW
    5. Back ground checks for private sales
    My ideas aren't just limiting, both sides would be giving in some, I hope that we wouldn't need to give in, but i believe that a hard line will not work and the only ones coming up with changes will be the antis.
    If your answer at any point includes the word "ban" or any increased involvement by the government, than you cannot rightly call yourself a second amendment supporter. No series of legislation or bans will stop evil.

Sorry, try again.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    National reciprocity sounds good and it would work IF correctly administered. Not trusting the Federal Government to mortally screw things up, though, I dont want them anywhere near it. Its not that I dont trust them...its just that I dont trust them. do you trust the government that has caused the highest "fiscal cliff" in the history of the free world to do anything right? I dont.
    My argument against National Reciprocity is this: states' rights. Declaring a federal law that would allow national reciprocity increases the power of the federal government; even if it is (or seems) Pro-2A. More laws that take away the rights of the states to govern themselves are the last thing we need.
    Ghost1958 and Bark'n like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links