Good morning from central Ohio

This is a discussion on Good morning from central Ohio within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I am here in central Ohio, and considering a concealed carry license. I don't own a gun so it seems a little silly but I'd ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Good morning from central Ohio

I am here in central Ohio, and considering a concealed carry license. I don't own a gun so it seems a little silly but I'd like to understand guns more. I am very much a second amendment supporter but we have 6 young children. Some might say it is a good reason to have a gun to protect us and our stuff. But at this time I don't feel comfortable having one in the house. I know there are safes, but if you have it locked up what good does it do if you have to fumble around in the dark?

The reason I decided to come to this forum is to learn more about the firearms themselves. In light of the event that occurred in CT, I want to try to do something to help be safer. I think laws need reformed, but not the gun laws. Gun free zones are horrible, they just make people sitting ducks. Targets for bad people. But you all know that:). I just hope there is a way to change the minds of our elected officials. I don't know if stricter background checks would have prevented the school tragedies, so I don't know if it is a good suggestion. One idea is to place armed security in every school...hire veterans. They are sworn to protect the US, so why not employ them in schools? I don't know how that would be instituted but we pay enough taxes and I don't think that's a waste of money.

I just got here and only read a few things. I did see someone putting together a letter to senators. Unfortunately one of our senators is Sherrod Brown...not sure how far a letter about not making stricter gun control would go, but I guess I could point out Chicago gun laws and say how well that is working, or the insane guy in Norway who shot those kids. Norway has a very strict gun law....criminals don't care. So I guess sending letters and calling is a place to start.

Sorry for rambling, I know this in an intro thread, but I have a lot of thoughts right now. And I keep hearing the more gun control argument and it isn't the answer. The assault weapon debate is goofy to me because couldn't anything be an assault weapon? A car, a knife, a fork...a bat or anything like that could be used to assault someone. So should we ban those things? It is a silly argument to me. Prohibition didn't work. Why would eliminating all the "bad" firearms work?

Thanks for reading.:)

Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Thanks, High pockets...good quote there!

Welcome aboard!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

welcome to the forum, you will definatly learn alot here.
    ruger91

NRA member

Welcome from the eastern side of the state

VIP Member
    Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Thank you to all. I do hope to learn more. I would like to educate my boys. One asked for a BB gun for Christmas. Lol. We live in a suburb, and there isn't really a place to target shoot. Too many houses, people, dogs...although deer roam through, I don't think people would appreciate BB holes in their siding, or in their eye. ;). So for now we will just have to go to a facility and practice there.

Welcome!!

I don't think we should try to change the minds of elected officials; we should change the elected officials. JMHO.
    GH likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Welcome from Nevada!

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Welcome from northern Kentucky!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Welcome to the forum
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links