newbie looking for a holster

This is a discussion on newbie looking for a holster within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Thanks for all the suggestions and making me feel at home. Sorry if the posts seem random or not directed at anyone in particular. Still ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: newbie looking for a holster

Thanks for all the suggestions and making me feel at home. Sorry if the posts seem random or not directed at anyone in particular. Still trying to figure out the system here. Cant wait to find "the one", but like most have said Im sure I will end up with a drawer full.

Have a good day all!

2. Remove Ads

Mainelytxs,

You may not end-up with a drawer full, but you will likely end-up with 4-6. Some look good and you may hate right away, and others you can get used to (I have a KHolster IWB that i bought used - eventually I tweaked it enough to get it to the point where I used it a lot). Many people are in the same boat so you can often find good deals on barely used holsters (various forums and sites like crossbreedseconds.com). It can be a more cost-effective way to experiment and find the holster(s) that work best for you.

The best holster that I have found is the Mile Sparks Versa Max 2. The VM2 is comfortable all day long, is easy to draw and reholster, and just works better than any other holster I've used. The two issues are cost ($120+) and wait (5-6 months for a new order). You can find them used or like new through independent people. Milt Sparks Holsters

The most comfortable OWB holster I have (not "best" since it is somewhat less secure than an IWB holster) is the RM Holsters Extreme Cant Paddle. The ECP sits high and close to the body and is easy to conceal. It has one piece construction and is well-made. The price is around $60. Home Page

Welcome from Texas! I prefer an IWB hybrid, and carry my XD-40 in a MTAC Minotaur.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Thanks for the info cn262, I will check those out. Like I said, I dont mind paying for "the one", just hate to spend a lot getting there.

Thanks for the welcome Camjr. Im originally from Dallas, was born there and lived there for 21 years.

@ cn262

Ive seriously been considering holsters like the VM2. Any opinion on those vs. the Watch Six?

Distinguished Member Array S&WOwner's Avatar
    Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

Welcome from the Midwest!
    Good to have you aboard.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links