New Member from WV

New Member from WV

This is a discussion on New Member from WV within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; As the title states, I'm joining from Kenova, WV, which is within 5 miles of Ohio and Kentucky. I had been looking into getting a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member from WV

New Member from WV

As the title states, I'm joining from Kenova, WV, which is within 5 miles of Ohio and Kentucky. I had been looking into getting a handgun on my 21st birthday and due to funding at the time, that all fizzled out. Now it has finally come time for myself to make a purchase. I picked up a Ruger SR9C with the stainless slide at the local gun shop. So far I have had nothing but good things to say about the gun. I have since fired 350rounds through the gun with no problems. I plan to use this gun for CC and home defense until I purchase another gun.

Does anyone have an opinion of the Herter's TNJ Aluminum casing 9mm ammunition? I picked up a few boxes for cheap range ammo and like them quite well. I also picked up a remora holster for IWB carry, but mainly out of curiosity since it is clipless. I have also ordered a N82 Tactical holster also for IWB. I should be receiving it shortly, but as I am taking the handgun safety course this Saturday, I will not have my permit for at least a month or so. Shortly following, I will gladly post up my opinion of the holster.

Now my current task is to find a local gun range. It seems that the closest public range is nearly an hour and a half away, so I get the joy of paying dues haha.

Welcome aboard.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Welcome!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Welcome aboard.
    Thank you, Sir.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome and Happy New Year from SE Michigan.
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

Welcome from Texas.

New Member from WV

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Happy New Years to everyone on the board!

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Welcome from Western Kentucky.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great. Remember the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

PS: I am from Kansas.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Hello, Derek, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here! With shooting 9mm ammo, I prefer to stick with brass casings.

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self-defense instructional classes in addition to your safety classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructinal information from an expert, and free.

And, best wishes for a safe, prosperous New Year to you and yours.

New Member from WV

Quote Originally Posted by Geobob View Post
    Hello, Derek, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here! With shooting 9mm ammo, I prefer to stick with brass casings.

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self-defense instructional classes in addition to your safety classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructinal information from an expert, and free.

And, best wishes for a safe, prosperous New Year to you and yours.
    I really appreciate the recommendation for the informative videos. I'll certainly have to look into that.

If you don't mind me asking, why the copper casings? I'm just talking about target/plinking ammo. I know copper tends to be a little cleaner to shoot, but are there other reasons?

Thanks
    Derek

VIP Member
    Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links