Why is that?

Why is that?

This is a discussion on Why is that? within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello all, My name is Ray, aka SoSeRiuS. I am a chemical recyclist, and I travel alot. I mainly go through, Tenn., AL, GA, NC, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is that?

Why is that?

Hello all, My name is Ray, aka SoSeRiuS. I am a chemical recyclist, and I travel alot. I mainly go through, Tenn., AL, GA, NC, IN, MS, Ky. in a tractor trailor, So I will have no problem carrying concealed. Unless I go to IL. Which might soon be ok to carry. Ok,ok,ok, I haven't received my permit in the mail yet, So I havent carried in public yet, But my wife did get hers in the mail already! Booo anticipation sucks. But I have done my homework, And I know where I can and can not carry, legally. My wife was born in ky, applied for her ccw in ky, and got her permit in the mail three weeks ago. I on the other hand was born in California, applied in for my ccw in ky. Is this why I havent got mine yet? Does it take longer to process it? Why is that? Anxiously awaiting! lol

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.

If your a KY resident, applying for a KY resident permit, unless there is something in your background, there shouldn't be any difference in time to recieve it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great. Remember the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have 2 dui's in the past but that has been over ten years ago. They told me whenever I applied that they look three years in the past for dui's. I dont have anything else but little traffic tickets from way back, over ten years ago. The thing I dont get is, that I was able to purchase two guns in two months, and I have had background checks to work in a FBI building and I have no crimal background. My wife gotten hers three weeks ago, almost four now and they should have sent me something. either to go pick up my permit, or a reason why I didnt get it dont you think? I dont know though! btw, thanks for your reply

Welcome from Indiana. You may want to check with your company I know several people who drive rigs and are not aloud by company policy to carry. Also in IN they just passed a law stateing that you may have a firearm on company premises however Chemical companies and coast guard instillation's are exempt. one such coast guard instillation is Sabic IP plastics in Mt. Vernon they because there on a main water way are considered coast guard kind of strange but wouldnt want you to get in trouble.

Kentucky's dirty little secret about CCW issue is;

Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice dedicates one (1) >>1<< employee to reviewing, checking, approving AND printing ALL CCW's issued by the Commonwealth. If she takes vacation for the entire Holiday season, her task is taken over by...NO ONE.

It took my BIL almost 4 months to get his from start of the process to finish.

thank you for that info brother

Not really sure on other states but i can help you out on IN laws if you have any questions feel free to PM at anytime.

wow, Im not woried anymore, thanks. yeah, my wife got hers right before christmas, and the whole two weeks I was off for the holiday, I was anxiously waiting! Now Ill be anxiously waiting for the next couple weeks! lol jj.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by soserius View Post
    I on the other hand was born in California, applied in for my ccw in ky. Is this why I havent got mine yet? Does it take longer to process it? Why is that?
    Yup. That's it. They've got you pegged, and they're diggin' deep. Can you blame 'em? They wanna make sure they don't have a mole, someone who's gonna pose a dire threat or faint at the mere sight of one. LOL, indeed.

* You should know, by know, that claiming having come from Cali doesn't fly very far in the Midwest areas of the country. BTDT.

Welcome to DC. And congratulations on your CHL's, both of you.

Be safe.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links