Young mom in SC

This is a discussion on Young mom in SC within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hey everybody. Im a laid back, southern gal. Proud mom of 2 great kids. I have just recently in the past few months spiked an ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Young mom in SC

Young mom in SC

Hey everybody. Im a laid back, southern gal. Proud mom of 2 great kids. I have just recently in the past few months spiked an interest in guns. I want to learn everything i can.

2. Remove Ads

...welcome and glad you're here...how old are your younguns and do they shoot yet?

Senior Moderator
    Welcome from Alabama
    crh082188 likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

6 year old daughter and 4 year old son. I got my daughter her first rifle for christmas. She has shot it a total of maybe 6 times. The sound scares her, and she is kind of prissy. Im trying to get her involved as much as possible without pressuring her. My son has a bb gun and he wants a real gun so bad he can taste it lol.
    Snub44 likes this.

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.
    crh082188 likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crh082188 View Post
    6 year old daughter and 4 year old son. I got my daughter her first rifle for christmas. She has shot it a total of maybe 6 times. The sound scares her, and she is kind of prissy. Im trying to get her involved as much as possible without pressuring her. My son has a bb gun and he wants a real gun so bad he can taste it lol.
    If you are not currently using it, look for some hearing protection. It helps with the sound and can prevent shooters from developing a flinch. Also it protects their hearing They have them in all prices ranges. I have two pairs of Howard Leight electronic muffs that block 22db but amplify lower sounds so you can converse easier. I got them for about $38.00 a piece by waiting for them to go on sale. There non-electronic muff for around $15-20. You can even use disposable ear plugs.

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin! If you were looking for a place to learn about firearms you sure came to the right place!
    crh082188 likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    If you are not currently using it, look for some hearing protection. It helps with the sound and can prevent shooters from developing a flinch. Also it protects their hearing They have them in all prices ranges. I have two pairs of Howard Leight electronic muffs that block 22db but amplify lower sounds so you can converse easier. I got them for about $38.00 a piece by waiting for them to go on sale. There non-electronic muff for around $15-20. You can even use disposable ear plugs.
    Ive looked around for some that fit properly, with no luck. So i opted for ear plugs, and she flinches bad. Im going to get some muffs soon, hopefully it will help with the flinching and improve her outlook on shooting.

Great for you!!! Tell your daughter how beautiful she is when she shoots! If you haven't already, check out faliaphotography on utube- she demonstrates lots of cool guns and holsters and the like- makes shooting just lovely! My son is 7 and between two parents who work full time and all the commitments we all have, we're doing our best to keep him from becoming a pod-person, addicted to the the glowing screen! Am hoping our love of shooting rubs off on him. Good luck and welcome from Kentucky.
    crh082188 likes this.

Welcome to the forum from the left coast!

This is a great place to learn, and kudos on getting the youngsters started early. Even if they don't really get into it later on, at least they won't have an irrational, emotional fear of firearms-which is 80% of the problem with most folks nowadays-and they will know how to handle them safely.
    crh082188 likes this.

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great. Remember the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome from So Cal! Good job on bringing up the youngins with guns!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Welcome from Florida. What is your gun of choice?

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Greetings and welcome to the forum from the Space Coast of Central Florida. I started shooting at about 6, so I think you are starting them at the right age.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links