anyone who owns a Glock 27 gen 4 please read - Page 2

anyone who owns a Glock 27 gen 4 please read

This is a discussion on anyone who owns a Glock 27 gen 4 please read within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from Florida. My EDC is the G27 Gen 3 and have also added the pierce pinky attachments to the magazines. Also have multiple mags ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: anyone who owns a Glock 27 gen 4 please read

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Welcome from Florida. My EDC is the G27 Gen 3 and have also added the pierce pinky attachments to the magazines. Also have multiple mags with the Xgrips on them to not only increase round capacity but also give full hand grip but with the pierce attachments,the "flyaway pinky" is a non issue. Never had any issues with the 27

Enjoy the forum....................
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Welcome to the forum, from the sunny MS Gulf Coast.

Prior to retiring, I carried the GLOCK 22, and the GLOCK 27 at the same time, while working along the southwest border as a Federal law enforcement officer. I installed the "pinky extender" on two GLOCK 27 magazines, but didn't carry the second. In fact I didn't carry any extra mags for the 27, as the large capacity mags for my 22 worked in the 27, and if I've gone to my backup gun, I need all the ammo I can get.

I shot the 27 as well as I did the 22, or almost as well, and never once had a malfunction. We had a requirement to qualify quarterly, and shot it more often than required.

You have the right idea. Carry on, and please be safe. Appreciate your service.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Hello! Welcome from Southeast Kansas!

VIP Member
    Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

My EDC has been a Gen4 G27 for over a year now - ever since that has been legal in WI. I've put > 2,000 rounds through it without problems, used it for a 4-day defensive handgun course in the Nevada desert (lots of dust and sand, still no problem).

It took a while to get used to (first Glock, grip different (shorter and different angle) than my other pistols, short sight radius), but it did not take long to get used to. It is easy to conceal (I tried the extended grip but did not like that and reverted back to the standard magazines), easy to shoot, and something I would bet my life on. It's an amazing handgun.

Hope that helps.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Josh. You can't go wrong with any Glock. I used to have 4 of them before they were lost in a boating accident, G-26, G-30SF, G-19, G17 4th Gen. One of these days I'll get me some replacements.

Welcome to the site! I've carried a 27 Gen4 since the middle of last year. I put the large back plate on the grip, and it shoots great. It's honestly one of my favorite guns to take to the range, and I really don't notice the short grip nearly as much as I expected to.

Welcome from Michigan Josh!
    (I don't own a G27...sorry.)
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Lead Moderator
    Welcome...
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

The 27 is not hard to use recoil can be a little peppy but not as bad as some others.My Glock is my daily carry.Welcome and Howdy from Texas.

VIP Member
    I carry the Glock 23 on duty. (I shoot the compact better than the full size Glock, don't know why.) I have a Glock 27, it never leaves the safe. NEVER. I have big hands and is just doesn't work. A small single stack pocket pistol is fine but the blocky baby Glock just doesn't work for me. If you have big hands it is something to consider.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    but I do own five others: Glock-19, 21, 26, 30, and 36.

Annnnnd now I'm jealous
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Welcome. I have a 27 though maybe not for long in NYS (sic). I had one mag with the Pierce adapter, one without. I bought 100 rounds of 180 grain, 100 rounds of 165 grain and went to the range. My report:
    Once you get used to the trigger and recoil, (I'd never owned a Glock before) the accuracy didn't change with the Pierce. I love the way the pinky extender feels, though and bought another for my spare mag. Seeing as I thought I was safe under NY's 10 round limit, I bought 2 more 9 rounders. Now it seems I'll have to move my collection to my in-law's in PA by next year if somebody in this god forsaken state doesn't come to some sense of sanity.
    I love, love, love the Glock 27 which is why I'm so ticked off. Do your own comparison just because you can, then let us know.

Jim

I am wanting to get a glock 27 gen 4 but before I do I would like to get some insight from some people who have actually used the gun and own one so if you happen to have one, or just have experience with one, please let me know how it performed for you.
    Like a Swiss watch. welcome.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links