anyone who owns a Glock 27 gen 4 please read

This is a discussion on anyone who owns a Glock 27 gen 4 please read within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from S.C.All i can say is,i have the gl23(gen4) and have had no problems.Shot a couple of different kinds of ammo....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: anyone who owns a Glock 27 gen 4 please read

Welcome from S.C.All i can say is,i have the gl23(gen4) and have had no problems.Shot a couple of different kinds of ammo.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Welcome to Defensive Carry from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Welcome from South Carolina...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Wisconsin> I carry the 19 but don't know about the 27 good luck! stay safe !
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona via Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by MrRunz4Fun View Post
    Since you have the 26 maybe you can answer my question. My main concern is the fact that the grip is so short and I noticed that some people's pinky finger hangs off the end of the grip. Does the shortness of the grip affect the accuracy of a second or third shot? I know the 9mm and the .40 are going to shoot different. I'm just curious about the feel of such a small gun as you are shooting it. I've never had a subcompact so I am new to this.
    To qualify my response, I spent several years in the military, both active duty and reserve, both enlisted and commissioned, and shot most of the firearms available. A few of those years were spent as a Scout Sniper in the Marine Corps. I have taught people how to shoot and helped poor shooters become great shooters.

Do not worry about the short grip unless you absolutely unable to maintain control, i.e. the kick and grip are such that after you fire, despite practicing your best hold, the gun is not still where it needs to be in your hand to safely shoot again. If you still have control of the gun, you simply need to practice shooting it.

The timing between *accurate* shots will vary depending on kick, grip, you, etc., so practice shooting until you instinctively know - the muscle memory thing - when you are back on target and ready for the next squeeze. As noted, it may be .25 seconds with a heavier pistol that has a large grip or .35 seconds with something lighter and smaller (but easier to carry). Additionally, once you know the timing for a given firearm, you can improve it with practice if you believe it necessary.

Personally, I believe it is far more important to land the first shot first and well (by first shot first, I mean hitting opponents before they hit you, whether they have a firearm, axe, etc.) Practice drawing and shooting one shot until you are fast and making a hole exactly where you want it. When you are a one-shot ninja, the follow up shots should be much less important...but still practice them...you need to know your timing with that gun.

Maybe you can borrow one from a friend or rent one from a range to try. As others have noted, there are magazine extensions as well.

I have a Glock 19 and love it. I was looking at the more sub-compact'ish models and had the same dilemma - I liked the smaller size, but wanted a larger grip, and more ammo. I figured I could get a mag extension or simply a larger mag, but then thought if I am going to do that, why not just get the 19. I can whip that 19 out in a flash and put 2 holes nearly touching each other at a good distance.

With that said, I have been looking at the 30 and 36 to have something other than 9mm (do not want to limit myself to a single caliber for supply purposes).

Welcome from Southwest Florida. I don't have any you mention however I own a Glock 23 and it works flawlessly
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Welcome to the forum, Josh.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome from central Virginia. Can't help either. My EDC is a G33.

anyone who owns a Glock 27 gen 4 please read

Welcome! The G27 is very accurate. See the video below..,

http://youtu.be/hdyq1p7UVAw

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links