Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from Indiana!

1K views 33 replies 32 participants last post by  slugger6 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Dawn and I'm from Indiana. Getting ready to purchase my first gun soon ( trying to decide between a few different kinds since I'm having issues finding ones that fit my small hands but leaning towards a Ruger LCP). I'm very new to this so I find everyone's advice and experience to be extremely welcome. Thanks for having me!:wave:

#8 ·
Hello, Dawn, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here! If you have small hands, you might look at single stack handguns. I like the Taurus 709 Slim; it's a 9mm and I find the recoil very managable. Another one to look at is the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm, if you can find one (they are popular). Check out some of the subforums under CCW here, where folks have listed "best pocket pistols", etc. Then google the various ones to find reviews. Definitely continue your "grip testing" of whatever you might be interested in. Ideally, you can find a range where you can rent and fire potential guns.

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self defense classes once you get your handgun. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, once you want to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; something we as gunowners need to be aware of:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.