Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello from Michigan!

1K views 42 replies 41 participants last post by  MrBuckwheat 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have been lurking the forums for a couple of weeks and I finally decided to join up.

I am still pretty new to firearms. I purchased a Springfield XDM 5.25" 9mm a more than a year ago. As of yesterday, I filed my CPL application. They claim it is going to take 3-4 months, but I am hoping for much sooner!

After lunch today, I swung by a LGS and picked up a Beretta Nano after reading about 50 billion reviews on small 9's over the last couple of weeks. (glad to be on vacation this week, it allowed me to slip in when they were a little less busy!)

Thanks for having me and I hope to pick up a lot of information here!

#8 ·
Welcome! I've had my MI CPL since early November, took my class in mid October... it only took a month for me, and thats because I had to save up the rest of the cash for 3 weeks and missed the deadline to get in so that I would be in on Octobers gun board meeting..

So depending on your county, and how busy the county clerks office is, it probably wont be as long as they say.. its State law that the gun board meet once per month to go over new applicants and renewals anyways.

#18 ·
Hello, StrikerPaws, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are pretty new to this handgun, self defense arena, check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo:
:: Ammo Oracle

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

#35 ·
Hello, StrikerPaws, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are pretty new to this handgun, self defense arena, check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.
Hi Geobob,

Thanks for the info. I had seen his name mentioned a couple of times here (and elsewhere), but had not looked much further. I went ahead and watched all that was suggested (and more). The vast majority of it was a review/refresher, but it is nice to have additional insight and real world examples. He is also very easy to listen to and kept my attention well.

Everyone else, thanks for the warm welcomes!

#21 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.