New (and impressed) member from the Lone Star State

This is a discussion on New (and impressed) member from the Lone Star State within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Good afternoon all, I finally decided to take the plunge and join this afternoon. I found this great site a few months back and it, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New (and impressed) member from the Lone Star State

New (and impressed) member from the Lone Star State

Good afternoon all,

I finally decided to take the plunge and join this afternoon. I found this great site a few months back and it, and all of the great ladies and gentlemen here, has been incredibly helpful as I've gotten back into the firearm owning society. I grew up with firearms of all types but got away from them over the last 20 or so years. I finally decided enough was enough and it was time to get back to it. There is a ton of great information flowing through this site. As I started my journey again, I took the most important piece to heart, the advice to get my tail to a range, rent the firearms I'd narrowed my choices down to and make the best decision for me. After firing several Glocks, S&W M&P Compacts and Walthers, I've decided the one I shoot the best and feels the best in my hands is the S&W M&P Compact 9mm. I bit the bullet, pun intended lol, and picked one up last week at my local Academy. They had one and only one and it came home with me. Happy Dance! I had a chance to get to the range this morning and it shot like a dream! Taking my Texas CHL class tomorrow. Have already applied online for my license and have already had fingerprints taken. Just need to pass the class tomorrow, get everything in the mail Monday morning and... wait. Wa-a-a-aiting is the hardest part. Great song, not so great to actualy, you know, wait. I've already ordered my Combat Cut Crossbreed Super Tuck. It will be a race to see which gets here faster. My license or my holster. Any wagers on which will arrive first?

Thanks again to all for this terrific site. I'm looking forward to getting to know people and continuing to learn as much as I can and spread the knowledge to those who still need it. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome aboard.
    Enjoy that M&P.

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Welcome aboard
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Welcome from NH

Welcome from Tennessee.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Greetings and welcome to the forum from the Space Coast of Central Florida.

Welcome aboard, from Missouri. Happy to have you with us and along for the ride.

You picked out a fine pistol. One which will serve you well. I have an M&P full size 9mm and an M&P Shield. The M&P line are awesome pistols.

Regarding the forum here. Jump right in with both feet. It's a friendly place. We have some pretty heated debates, but it's cordial and no flaming allowed.

Looking forward to seeing you around.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome from Southwest Florida
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links