New member, Like to ask opinions about conceal carry of a small handgun 380 caliber

This is a discussion on New member, Like to ask opinions about conceal carry of a small handgun 380 caliber within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello Fellow Members, I'm brand new to the sight and hopefully I can bring something to the table at some point however today I'm asking ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New member, Like to ask opinions about conceal carry of a small handgun 380 caliber

New member, Like to ask opinions about conceal carry of a small handgun 380 caliber

Hello Fellow Members,

I'm brand new to the sight and hopefully I can bring something to the table at some point however today I'm asking for opinions/advice/recommendations on carrying a small handgun (concealed carry) for daily use. I wear business attire and I am looking for something as small and lightweight as possible. I also welcome ideas about how to carry, pocket holster etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

for the record I carry OWB and IWB but I would suggest for business attire if your always wearing a sport coat maybe look into a miami class shoulder holster if you want to be really snazzy, but as far as good concealment I would look into the crossbreed holsters maybe a supertuck deluxe? as far as ur everyday carry gun, I am biased because I will only carry glock, so maybe look into a glock 26,27, or 30. just my .02 hope it helps, and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!

I carry the Ruger LCP in a Blackhawk pocket holster. I carry in my front pocket and nobody knows I am carrying. Even my Uncle that has the same gun will look and then ask me if I am carrying(a little joke between us) so even though he knows i have it he cannot tell.
    The only thing about carrying like this is you get lint and stuff in there so the gun needs to be cleaned more frequently. But other then that, that is what I carry and have been happy for over a year.

Be safe!
    billleesr likes this.
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Welcome,Iam sure you will get plenty of advice. As for me I carry sp101 38+p ammo or a 380 body guard from S&W very thin light weight easy to shoot comes with an attached laser. I also carry a S&W Mod 60 in 357 had it ported to cut muzzle flip shoots well. As for holsters I like remora inexpensive would work well under shirt or jacket. I also use Milt Sparks summer special IWB or a Kent Hayes OWB I would suggest you go to a range that rents guns an try a bunch find what will work for you before you purchase. Good luck an Practice a bunch

Ruger LCP

I love carrying a little Ruger 380 LCP. There are a number of comfortable and concealable ways to carry it.

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin!

Since I'm retired I don't wear business attire but the shoulder holster idea is good unless you come into situations where you take your jacket off. I carry OWB so I can't attest to any IWB holsters. As a matter of fact I'm just starting to look into them. I personally don't like the idea of pocket carry but then again I haven't had a handgun small enough to give that much thought. I don't like ankle carry either. I wouldn't even try it but in your case that would be better than not carrying at all.

You'll probably wind up with a drawer full of holsters to fit any occasion you find yourself in. Then there are those that no matter how much of a chance you gave them they just didn't quite work out.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 View Post
    for the record I carry OWB and IWB but I would suggest for business attire if your always wearing a sport coat maybe look into a miami class shoulder holster if you want to be really snazzy, but as far as good concealment I would look into the crossbreed holsters maybe a supertuck deluxe? as far as ur everyday carry gun, I am biased because I will only carry glock, so maybe look into a glock 26,27, or 30. just my .02 hope it helps, and welcome to the forum!
    Thanks for taking the time. When it's warm I tend to shed the sport coat and more importantly my employer would probably frown on me carrying so it must be super concealed which I know isn't ideal for getting to it when needed but something is better than nothing and I'm at the point where I would rather risk my job than my life.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.

So that pocket holster carry, you don't have any issues drawing the gun from your pocket. Is it like most things practice makes perfect?

Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to the forum from the MS Gulf Coast. I carried a KelTec .380 in my front pocket for years, in business attire, with no problem. Retired now, and carry a Kimber Solo Carry 9MM in that same pocket.

You'll get used to it in time, and you'll find that you can draw it pretty efficiently, since you can have it in your hand before trouble knows you've done it. I tried and rejected all of the little holsters that are supposed to stay in your pocket when you draw, because most of them didn't. Just check for lint and dust bunnies occasionally, and you'll be fine.

Be safe.
    billleesr likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by billleesr View Post
    So that pocket holster carry, you don't have any issues drawing the gun from your pocket. Is it like most things practice makes perfect?
    Yes, I practice with it. If I am in a situation where things look a bit shady, I just put my hands in my pockets, my pointer finger goes along the rails and three wrap around the grip, should anything happen it is as easy as taking my hands out of my pockets.
    Make sure to get a holster that you are comfortable with and has some form of gripper on it to stay in your pocket when you draw the gun.

Be safe!
    billleesr likes this.
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Welcome to the forum. A lot of 9mm are about the same size as 380. Good Luck & Stay Safe
    billleesr likes this.

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

I pocket carry a Sig P938 with a 7 round mag in a DeSantis pocket holster.

Sig P938 bi-tone.jpg
    billleesr likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Welcome from Tennessee.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links