Hello from Upstate NY - Page 3

Hello from Upstate NY

This is a discussion on Hello from Upstate NY within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome from Dutchess County NY... I just received my full carry and took about 9 months from start to finish but this was a new ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Upstate NY

Welcome from Dutchess County NY... I just received my full carry and took about 9 months from start to finish but this was a new permit and Dutchess is pretty gun friendly (as far as it can be in NY...lol). If you have a permit already it should be a no Brainer... Just check the rules of your county and have everything in place before your court date... Which will be probably 6 months from when you request it.

If you haven't taken the NRA Pistol Course since you have had your permit I would do that as well as everyone I know in NY that has requested an upgrade needed to take it again... So if you do it all ahead of time you will save the wait.... Where in NY?

Mark

Welcome from Illinois!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

[QUOTE=map70;2598367]Welcome from Dutchess County NY... I just received my full carry and took about 9 months from start to finish but this was a new permit and Dutchess is pretty gun friendly (as far as it can be in NY...lol). If you have a permit already it should be a no Brainer... Just check the rules of your county and have everything in place before your court date... Which will be probably 6 months from when you request it.

If you haven't taken the NRA Pistol Course since you have had your permit I would do that as well as everyone I know in NY that has requested an upgrade needed to take it again... So if you do it all ahead of time you will save the wait.... Where in NY?

Albany just up the road from you, Thanks for the welcome

Welcome to DC, Mike.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Welcome from Savannah
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by tanninman View Post
    Albany just up the road from you, Thanks for the welcome
    Yeah about 2 hours.. hopefully your county is not a pain with the carry upgrade.. but it seems if you have what they want you should be good to go..

I know some counties such as Westchester make is REAL hard to get a CCW upgrade, you usually need a lawyer to get it done...

Good Luck!

Mark

welcome, Im from Rochester (monroe cty) turned in my app on March 2012 and still waiting. I don't understand why its taking so long, didn't help with the december we had with Conn and Webster ny and we lost a judge to promotion. hope your turns out faster than mine.

From what I hear the state has 1 person doing mental heath checks... so that is the holdup from what I hear.. I am sure you will have yours soon...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by lpawla View Post
    welcome, Im from Rochester (monroe cty) turned in my app on March 2012 and still waiting. I don't understand why its taking so long, didn't help with the december we had with Conn and Webster ny and we lost a judge to promotion. hope your turns out faster than mine.

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona via Afghanistan

Welcome from Arizona.

Welcome from Houston, TX

Welcome from NH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links