Hi, Looking to buy my first gun for CC

This is a discussion on Hi, Looking to buy my first gun for CC within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hi there, I am in N. CA and attended my first gun class last week. I had a BLAST shooting my husbands .357 Rossi 4" ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, Looking to buy my first gun for CC

Hi there, I am in N. CA and attended my first gun class last week. I had a BLAST shooting my husbands .357 Rossi 4" revolver. I shot with both .38 and .357 rounds, and I have to say, I kept in in the center about 80% of the time. I was quite pleased with myself I am really glad to have found this forum as I will be looking for as much feedback as I can get on purchasing my first gun.

Welcome from mid-Michigan. Lots of good information here as well as a wide variety of opinions for you to consider. Are you partial to revolvers or are you willing to try a semi-auto?
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    You also need to consider how you intend to carry. Will it be on your person, in a bag or in some other way?

My wife just went to the range for the first time last week and she really enjoyed shooting my Glock 17. It is too big for her to carry, but it is a start. We will start looking for a gun she likes in the near future.

Welcome from GA!

Welcome aboard!

Take your time choosing; so many guns, so little time. And ask LOTS of questions... lots of helpful info here, freely offered.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!!! Do not rush buying a gun. If you plan on CC this firearm take a little bit more time IMO. GO to a few gun shops and hold a few different guns/styles. You want it to be comfy in your hand and not to heavy or bulky. If you have a range near-by maybe they have a rental option. If so spend some time shooting different firearms!

My fiance had the same issue- she's been around rifles and shotguns her whole life, but hadn't had much exposure to handguns. We went out to the range and she shot several semi-autos and revolvers, but in the end enjoyed revolvers most. As a few have already pointed out, you need to decide how you're going to carry the weapon, what caliber you feel most confident with, and what feels best in your hands. Good luck!
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Distinguished Member Array S&WOwner's Avatar
    Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin!

Good luck in finding a firearm that fits you & you can shoot well. I can offer a bunch of suggestions but most of them are becoming increasingly hard to find in stock with long wait times for delivery. It's a decision you'll have to make on your own as we all have our likes & dislikes. Any gun you buy can be effective with lots of practice.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Lead Moderator
    Welcome!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Hello! Welcome from Southeast Kansas!

Welcome to the forum from Ohio.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Welcome from Florida,You may want to check out S&W bodygaurd

Several good suggestions already, rent before you buy #1, #2 if it's to heavy, to big, you can't shoot it, or you don't like it you won't carry it. now as for carry there are several ladies on you tube who show how they CC. and clothing will make a difference. If you go with a small gun the snap bra holsters called a flash bang seems really good was watching video where they took a young lady who had never carried at all and in about 5 minutes of practice they had her drawing and firing in about 1.5 seconds.
    Flashbang bra holster demo, fast, and practical. - YouTube

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links