Defensive Carry banner

From WA STATE

1K views 40 replies 41 participants last post by  031131 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, just wanted to drop a line and say hey, I just recently moved from new jersey and starting to look into getting into shooting, ive been around guns for years but never felt the need to care about them other then in the performance of my duties, ive been active duty airforce for the last eight and half years, looking forward to some insightful conversations and arguments :) hope all is well.

-zombie

#28 ·

#29 ·
Welcome from South Carolina...

#35 ·
Hello, Zombieand welcome from Missouri - and a fellow military veteran - to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, I recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, when you want to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!

#38 ·
:urla9ub: Welcome from Eastern Iowa!! Always good to have Veterans on this forum. I'm former USAF from Viet Nam era!! Means I'm getting OLD!!

:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.