Yet another new member from MO

This is a discussion on Yet another new member from MO within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; This forum was mentioned at another CCW site that I frequent. I've been snooping around for a few days, and so far, it seems as ...

This forum was mentioned at another CCW site that I frequent. I've been snooping around for a few days, and so far, it seems as if you've got a good group of people here. Thought it was time to sign up and give the obligitory intro post.

Let's see... I'm a computer programmer, my wife and I have 4 daughters, and too many pets to mention. I grew up in the stix, and started shooting fairly young. I quit hunting when I moved to the 'burbs. My neighbors would have a heart attack if I hung a dear in my front yard, and paying someone to butcher it just doesn't make sense.

I enjoy steel target plinking, paper punching, and clay pigeons. In good weather, I'm at the range regularly, with a couple of my daughters helping me unload some ammo. I recently picked up a reloading press and a set of .38spl dies, with the intention of starting to hand load. I understand that .38 is fairly easy for a beginner to start loading. Unfortunatly, I don't own a .38, so I guess a new revolver is in order :)

DC Founder
    Welcome, cmidkiff, good to see you found us. What kind of programmer are you? I was a COBOL-CICS programmer for more years than I want to think about, now a CIO here in Arizona. :kay:

Hey! I know you! Good to see another MOCarry guy over here. :)

I didn\'t know that you were interested in getting into reloading. Let me know if you need any help getting started!

Gary

Programmer

Cobol... Eeeewww... Unfortunatly, I\'ve been forced to do a little cobol (think WANG mainframe!), the only thing worse for me was RPG on an AS/400. Makes me want to flip burgers for a change :)

In the industry I\'m in, we end up having to use various languages for different purposes. I try to use C++ when I can, but I end up doing as much in .net as anything else. Quite a bit of php, some perl, java, several other languages as required. I\'m a unix fanatic, so C\'s my most comfortable language.

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the forum. Seems to be a good group of people, I\'m looking forward to getting to know some of the people, yourself included.

(Hey Terminal V... Nice to see you. There\'s a couple other MO guys here, as well)

DC Founder
    Originally posted by cmidkiff
    Cobol... Eeeewww... Unfortunatly, I\'ve been forced to do a little cobol (think WANG mainframe!), the only thing worse for me was RPG on an AS/400. Makes me want to flip burgers for a change :)
    Hey, I agree about COBOL. It wasn\'t bad at the time, but not what I want to do now. My wife would probably kick you, she loves RPG on the AS/400. Flipping burgers doens\'t sound too bad sometimes :P

Links