Taurus 24/7 Jamming and Customer Service

This is a discussion on Taurus 24/7 Jamming and Customer Service within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I am new to forums, and have view them potentially as an excellent way to learn new things and share information. I'm a long time ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am new to forums, and have view them potentially as an excellent way to learn new things and share information. I'm a long time gun owner, and own several different brand firearms. I own a Taurus revolver and after a good bit of work, the firearm has lost it's stiffness and turned into a nice product. I also own Sig, Ruger, and Walther products. The Ruger took a little trigger work, but the others performed flawlessly from the beginning. My personal favorite are the Sigs, and I view them as the best out of the box semi-automatic handguns in existence.
    My youngest son saved his money, and purchased a Taurus 24/7 PRO DS. He quickly learned the firearm wouldn't fire an entire magazine without jamming. He tried a number of different ammo manufacturers, and there was no difference in performance. After a good bit of internet surfing, he learned there may be a number of defective magazines produced that could be the issue. The bullets seemed not to maintain the correct angle to feed properly after the first shot. I regret I didn't shoot some high speed camera footage to see what was going on, but didn't think it would be necessary given Taurus advertised customer service. My son contacted Taurus Customer Service in December 2012, and was told to send the magazines in for replacement. No luck thus far on getting the replacements from Taurus, in spite of several follow up calls. If anyone has an idea on how to get Taurus off the dime, please share the secret. I don't think we will ever get the replacement magazines otherwise.

VIP Member
    I never had a problem with my Taurus but welcome to the forum.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    While I dont know what that "trick" is let me ask a couple of questions. Did you return them through Taurus with an RMA # ? Did you have authorization to return the mags?

The reason I ask is that according to Taurus' website, they do not warranty accessories after one year and they consider magazines as an accessory item. Normally, a gun manufacturer wont ask for a return on a magazine, they just send you out a new one. I would continue to call them until you get an answer you are willing to accept.

If it matters, I have a Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro and it functions perfectly and eats everything fed.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Our Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy extends to all Taurus firearms imported or manufactured by Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc.

This warranty does not cover grips, sights, accessories, cosmetic defects after one year, or damage caused by customer abuse at any time. Taurus will not be responsible for these items.
    ETA: Could your son be "limp wristing"? This could cause FTF's. Define "jamming".
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I put a couple hundred down-range the other day on my 24/7 G2 without a hitch. I'm using the Federal stuff. I've never had to deal with their customer service, but if someone was holding onto my mags, I'd be pretty fired up about it.

Welcome from Delaware! I'd keep calling them until you get some response. You might see if they are a member of Better Business, no action make a complaint to BBB and they will contact Taurus for you. You might get some action that way.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee Never owned a Taurus cant help much.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array S&WOwner's Avatar
    Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

New Member Array di_da_is_alpha's Avatar
    I had a similar problem with a PT-845 I bought a while back. At first, once or twice every magazine a top round would nose down and fail to chamber. This occurred with the two mags that came with the firearm and a third factory mag I purchased separately, and with several brands of ammo. Over the course of several hundred rounds the problem occurred less and less frequently, and has since straightened out. The last 5 or 6 hundred rounds have been problem free, regardless of ammo brand and type.

The problem is, even though I like the feel and shootabily of this firearm more than my Glock, the slide mounted ambidextrous safety notwithstanding, I won't carry it. The earlier problems are like a little rat gnawing away at my confidence in the gun.

Hello! Welcome from Southeast Kansas!

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin! I hope Taurus addresses your son's magazine problem soon. I wouldn't have the shadow of an idea how to put a fire under them.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Enjoy the forum....................
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome from SW Lower Michigan!
    Enjoy.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona via Afghanistan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links