Pull up a Chair ... meet a guy

This is a discussion on Pull up a Chair ... meet a guy within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello all you practical people who understand that 911 is a janitorial service ( no offense to LEO) and when it hits the fan you ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pull up a Chair ... meet a guy

Hello all you practical people who understand that 911 is a janitorial service ( no offense to LEO) and when it hits the fan you want to have a piece in your hand.

We are all likely on our own when faced with a situaltion of the gravest extreme so we carry heavy metal (or metal and plastic); avoid trouble and confrontation if humanly possible; and hope never to have to drop the hammer but if so are ready to empty the mag; if necessary.

Been a Glocker for 25 years; carry a Gen 2 G21 ... have Two ... both with the old CT built in red laser at the modified trigger guard ... a foresight i added while younger and at 66 appreciate the target aquisition aid to older eyes.

Recently modified one G21 ...picked up a Gen 3 G21 frame with the full rail when CT fielded the green laser rail module. Added the green laser and a Burris Fast Fire Reflex red dot sight at the reer of the slide ... more target aquisition aids ... old keeps affecting my OEM visual equipment ...

Butchered one half of a Sam Andrews leather double shoulder rig and managed to have a shoulder rig that carries both my G21 as noted and a Kel Tec Pmr 30 with a Burris also ... 30 rounds of .22 Win Mag up the mag well and another 60 in spare mags is alot of fire power and a legit carry option if you can consistantly place your shots ... besides getting shot with a .22 mag is not a minor impact on a perp's bodily functions; and yes a 230 grain at 900 FPS is a long time man whacker but high velocity 45 grain Hornady critical defense .22 mags are hard hitters ... got to have the OEM flash hider though ... unless you are into psyching out a perp with the huge fire ball when you pop a cap ...

Holsters for the railmounted laser guns are my main problem.

Have a fobus roto with the open back and thmb break and barrel indexing insert ... not stiff rnough in the paddle ... tore it apart and revised to belt carry ... works ..

Still would like an IWB for both ... the Versa Carry works for both Glocks but reholstering is still a mystery to me ...

Thinling of a Clipdraw ... maybe Sidr trigger safeties ...

All right I have spewed out a bunch of stuff ... any takers? ... any suggestions? ... observations? ... sarcastic put downs? ... whatever bring them on ...

Thanks and hello again per my Virgin Post ... that is a noun and a verb not a modified noun ...

Vegetius
    Attached Images
    Last edited by vegetius; February 25th, 2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: forgot something

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome to Defensive Carry from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

OBTW (Oh By The Way) ... being a sometimes rash individual I did not remeber that when the Gen 3 fGlocks came out the Gen 3 mags indexed in the Gen 2 frames but the Gwn 2 mags would not index into the Gwn 3 frames ... Shame on you Gaston Glock ... treating your gun like a new car model ... planned obselescence ...

Had some interestingconversations with Glock USA about Corporate punishing Gen 2 Owners and what not but to no avail ... they should have had a trade in polocy but now ... forget about it ...

Had 5 mags that worked (not including the Korean 27 rounders for my MechTech .45 carbine which work in both) ... figured since it was only a little window in the mag body ... cut a 12 mm by 5 mm rectangle at 21 mm down from the top of the mag and centered and ... it worked ...

Don't try this without verifying full metal lined mags ... I cut through entirely one mag I had that Glock issued per the Austriam Militry that was metal lined on three sides only ... they wanted the sides to bulge so if a soldier accidentally hit his mag release the mag would stay in unless he shook the gun ... that way he would not have to frantically search for his mag in the snow while under fire ...

Any ways it does work ... just cut slowly and carefully and realize any warranty you have is likely expired any ways so this voiding it is OBE ( Overcome By Events)

Adios

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you may have an incurable case of Glockitis. So sorry!
    (now where did I put that sarcasm font)
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin!
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Welcome aboard from NC.

Enjoy the forum....................
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Senior Moderator
    Welcome from Alabama
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Welcome from Mesa, Arizona via Afghanistan

Welcome from mid-Michigan. Lots of good people, information, and thinking going on here. Hope you enjoy.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Re: Pull up a Chair ... meet a guy

Welcome from Richmond, VA....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links