Another from MA

Another from MA

This is a discussion on Another from MA within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Another CCW person from MA. Came here from posting in AR15.com. Have had MA LTC since 1976. Active volunteer with GOAL and with a couple ...

Thread: Another from MA

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar

Another from MA

Another CCW person from MA. Came here from posting in AR15.com.

Have had MA LTC since 1976. Active volunteer with GOAL and with a couple of gun clubs. Was a Special PO for 17 years, still in law enforcement as full-time Constable.

Active in a number of forums: AR15.com, MAF-eList, C&R FFL eList, MassGuns and a number of LE fora; and registered on numerous other fora that I occasionally read and rarely reply.

Took my first defensive handgun course in June 2004 with Jim Crews www.marksmans.com, sponsored by jimcon www.neshooters.com. Really whetted my appetite for more defensive handgun courses . . . hoping to attend Randy Cain and Gabe Suarez courses in Summer 2005, also sponsored by www.neshooters.com.

DC Founder
    Welcome to the forum, LenS! Glad to hear you found us. :kay:

New Member Array livefreeordieNH's Avatar
    Hi LenS,

Thanks for the link (neshooters)!!

I\'m not far from Nashua and might take the Cain and/or Suarez classes as well!

One of the courses will be run at Lone Pine in Hollis NH (I think that will be Gabe Suarez). The other one will likely be run at Tyngsboro Sportsmen\'s Club (Randy Cain). Don\'t know about the 3rd class. They ran the Jim Crews course at Tyngsboro last June due to the legal problems that Lone Pine was having with the town.

If you do sign up for a course, please let them know that I referred you. Jimcon has been a tremendous help to me and he\'d appreciate knowing that I\'m helping him out in getting these top-notch trainers into the area (e.g. if the classes fill up, that is success).

Welcome aboard from a fellow MA resident.

Originally posted by The Goose
    Welcome aboard from a fellow MA resident.
    Thanks. Seems like a good forum.

Living where you are, I assume you hang out at my favorite gun shop . . . Four Seasons in Woburn?

I love Four Seasons, it\'s about a mile from my house. Worse yet though , my business in Stoneham is on the same block as Collectors Guns. When I want a break I take a walk over there to just \"look\". Sometimes I \"look'a little too often and that could be why my disposable income is contstantly in short supply. LOL!

I know what you mean!

I\'m ~45 miles from Four Seasons, so luckily I don\'t get there very often. But when I do, it usually costs me!;)

Last trip up there, I picked up a S&W 1911 as a \"steal\" that I really couldn\'t afford, but I couldn\'t afford to pass up either.

I also found Collector\'s new location, had a long chat with the owner and picked up a set of used hinged handcuffs. I\'m a full-time Constable, so they\'ll be useful.

OK, so my last trip to Four Seasons I picked up a nickle plated S&W 29-2 .44 magnum with a 4\" barrel in the box. Impulse buy!

I\'ll be traveling into the danger zone tomorrow. I have to bring my 1911 up to NH for a buddy and I to change out the trigger. I plan to stop off at Four Seasons on the way back.

Hope I don\'t find anything interesting there!

Links