New guy with a question..........

This is a discussion on New guy with a question.......... within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I found out about this site from the high road. I like what I see for the most part, but I have question. If this ...

Thread: New guy with a question..........

I found out about this site from the high road. I like what I see for the most part, but I have question. If this is my first post why when I view my profile after signing on am I a troll ? Seems like a hell of a way to get new members.

I'd like to hang around but if that's the way you think of me, buh-bye.

Did I do something wrong when I signed up ?

ame SpecialT (Send U2U) (Add to Address Book)
    Troll

Last active: 1/12/2005 at 02:35 AM

cant really answer ya but when i look at your profile it says new member nothing about troll...

The bottom part of my post is cut and pasted from the view. Go down to members signed on section and click on my profile. I see what is posted above.

Mark

I just did it again and now it says new member. You must need to post first. I think I\'d change that to \"lurker\" until the first post. Then maybe keep it at \"Troll\". :)

Edited for spelling.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by SpecialT
    If this is my first post why when I view my profile after signing on am I a troll ? Seems like a hell of a way to get new members.

I\'d like to hang around but if that\'s the way you think of me, buh-bye.
    Well, SpecialT, I\'m not sure how that happened, but I assure you that it was not meant to apply to either you or any of our current members. We had a member, meme, aka Gunkid, here for awhile and I set up that for him. In the old version of this software it let me tag legitimate trolls, which is what I used it for. I guess when I did the upgrade, it applied it differently than it used to. Anyway, I ditched it so nobody else would have that happen. I\'m not sure what else to say, I hope you stay around and enjoy the forum. If not, again, sorry for the mixup.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by SpecialT
    I just did it again and now it says new member. You must need to post first. I think I\'d change that to \"lurker\" until the first post. Then maybe keep it at \"Troll\". :)
    When I set it up, it was setup to apply for those that posted -1 posts, a physical impossibility unless I assign them a -1 (well, that\'s the way it is supposed to work) so it\'s now gone so we don\'t drive off new people. Not telling how many times I will get my fanny in a crack before the new software gets implemented

Links