Hello from God's Waiting Room - - Florida

This is a discussion on Hello from God's Waiting Room - - Florida within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Just here to say "hey", browse around for good info, and avoid any place where people write in wanting to know if "it's legal to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hello from God's Waiting Room - - Florida

Hello from God's Waiting Room - - Florida

Just here to say "hey", browse around for good info, and avoid any place where people write in wanting to know if "it's legal to carry in this situation" (How did we get our permit if we don't know). Hope you are all home with family on Labor Day.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacker View Post
    Just here to say "hey", browse around for good info ... Hope you are all home with family on Labor Day.
    Welcome to the forums.

... and avoid any place where people write in wanting to know if "it's legal to carry in this situation" (How did we get our permit if we don't know).
    Actually, there are situations where folks are wondering about new spots they've never gone to and are, prior to going there, looking for some guidance on where to confirm the legality. Nobody's knowledge is photographic and encyclopedic, particularly since so many municipalities, counties and states change the little buggers from time to time, often frequently enough folks simply can't stay abreast of each little change. BTDT, myself, once or twice.

Plus, the mere fact we have the discussions in public helps to show the sort of thinking we all go through, helps to identify the online resources one has available for checking out such things, helps to show where case law can matter in certain situations, etc. Often, some folks bring particular knowledge of a given case or example to bear, which pertains to the question. Useful, for all those reasons. Plus, it's the rare CHL introductory course that presents all this stuff clearly and correctly across the entire spectrum of statutes that apply to us (both for arms and use-of-force).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Welcome to the forum!

Since signs do not carry the weight of law, in Georgia, I pretty much carry anywhere not listed in Georgia statutes, unless I see a gunbuster sign.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome from Southwest Florida.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Just here to say "hey", browse around for good info, and avoid any place where people write in wanting to know if "it's legal to carry in this situation" (How did we get our permit if we don't know). Hope you are all home with family on Labor Day.
    Welcome. Hope you don't quit when you read those questions, because they are here also.

But mostly there are lots and lots of great thoughts and idea/experience sharing threads. Pick and choose the ones you want. My first experience here was when I found a thread on line which talked about a particular holster that I had ordered. After I got the holster and found it was totally useless for me I returned, joined the forum, posted my review - and have been hooked ever since.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    I say welcome to the site from Maryland .
    People of different skill levels are here and because of that some people including myself are on a journey of learning . We all at time could or may have said something that could be considered Dumb on this forum or in our daily lives .
    Really good people here that don't charge for information also a good place to just meet nice people . Keep an open mind
    Manderinobyebye likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Welcome from the Palmetto State.

Laws change,some may want a refresher on what is right or wrong.Some may be looking for opinions on carry situations.

I've asked a couple of things,i thought i knew but just wanted to make sure.The members on here have been helpful.
    welder516 likes this.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Greetings from Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

Welcome to the forum.

There are things most CCers know,but i have 2 more years to go, before i can get mine.One of the reasons i joined is to ask and learn.I've probably asked questions that may seem dumb to some people.These guys have helped.

I know i have to read the laws and keep going over them,but i like hearing from people,and not just reading from a website.I don't want to be in the dark when my time comes to get my CCP.

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin!

The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked. I've asked plenty myself, lol. I consider myself to be educated with lots of world experience but try reading things written in legalese & it's like reading a foreign language. What I can't decipher chances are someone else can & a lot of gun laws may not be fully covered in a concealed carry class or glossed over at best & by the time you finally understand it the clowns change it, lol.
    Manderinobyebye likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Treasure Coast here.

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee.

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    Welcome from New York.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links