Jcdcpc

This is a discussion on Jcdcpc within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; The nature of my profession - I'm a chiropractor - makes it impossible for me to carry on body. I am looking for creative, professional, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jcdcpc

Jcdcpc

The nature of my profession - I'm a chiropractor - makes it impossible for me to carry on body. I am looking for creative, professional, appropriate ways to conceal the Glock 19 I have just started to carry. I am a novice in this world and find it fascinating and very enjoyable. A great way to let off steam after a rough day seeing difficult patients who are in major pain. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    This is a great forum! Glad I found it.

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Welcome from the Palmetto State..

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin, Doc!

Carrying while on the job might be hard. A smaller gun in an ankle holster might be the only way. Otherwise after work & on your way to the office a Glock 19 carries concealed just fine on the belt, either inside or outside the waistband. You could place your G19 in some accessible place in your working area like in a drawer or a box, or just covered with a piece of cloth on the shelf.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Welcome from the dry side of Washington (if it doesn't say DC it's the state). Glad to have you on board.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Welcome from Alaska.

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

I'm not a chiropractor nor have I ever been to a chiropractor so what is it about your occupation as a chiropractor that makes it "impossible" for you to carry?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcpc View Post
    The nature of my profession - I'm a chiropractor - makes it impossible for me to carry on body. I am looking for creative, professional, appropriate ways to conceal the Glock 19 I have just started to carry. I am a novice in this world and find it fascinating and very enjoyable. A great way to let off steam after a rough day seeing difficult patients who are in major pain. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    This is a great forum! Glad I found it.
    I bought what some call a Belly Band holster 8 years ago from a guy who carried a 1911 in the same brand holster he was selling. BTW his 1911 was full size too. He carried at the 12 o'clock position. So I did/do the same when I carry my old 1911 in 380. Sometimes would carry my 22 Beretta on other side. Pockets deep enough for extra mags too. The holster aspect is made from Denim 'Blue Jeans' material. Three fourths of the holster actual is elastic like velcro like 2 inches wide. My arthritis prevents me from carrying like this now but while I carried no one and I mean NO ONE ever asked me if I was carrying a gun right there? My standard answer for civilians would have been (in a Command voice) why are you looking at my crotch?? None of Your BUSINESS and walk away.

OK the model of this rig is called SmartCarry. The velcro aspect is 2" wide. Called The Invisible Holster out of Largo Florida. No phone number nor website. The sales rep was very helpful and personable. But the rig sold itself to me when he pulled a full size 1911 out of his pants. HUA

I carried with this rig regular for like 4 or 5 years with good effect. It could stand some touch up repair from a Seamstress but other than that it's in tip top condition. Mine was $55 in Jan 2005. I don't know if they are still available. It is PERFECT for guys like me who can't go outside without tucking our shirts in. Put your shirt on then deploy the rig over your shirt I went for a snug fit in a hip hugger fashion similar to hip hugging jeans of the 1970s. Remember those days everbody?? I would just set it like just so then when undressing for bed step out of it instead of monkeying with each time.

I don't see any reason why you could not carry w/a rig such as I've described. Carry on.
    BTW
    Howdy Hay from Washington State Today.
    Last edited by NONAME762; September 1st, 2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: 0opsy
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Welcome from the PRM!

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

VIP Member
    Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links