Infringed: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs

This is a discussion on Infringed: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; http://youtu.be/qGx1EmQc25E Interesting, looking forward to the video, and going to donate....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Infringed: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs

Infringed: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs

http://youtu.be/qGx1EmQc25E

Interesting, looking forward to the video, and going to donate.

2. Remove Ads

I like the idea but it's unlikely that the "low information" voters will see it.

However unlikely it may be that low information voters will see it, I'm confident at least some of them will and any additional people on our side is a great thing. I really think this project has potential and can indeed be powerful, so I'll be donating to the cause.

Once people who may not be pro-2A realize that if one amendment can be legislated away, others can (and will) be chipped away at, they'll see this as more than just a "gun issue" and as a far bigger issue that needs to be stopped and fought against.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Nothing new here.

Sure; it's a good idea....Sure; most of us here agree with defending the rights of Americans, not just the 2nd amendment.

Will it succeed to a point where it makes a difference? I seriously doubt it.

1) The producer says the wording of the 2A "is so simple". Sadly; to the anti 2A crowd it is not simple as they attempt AND succeed to brainwash the sheep by telling them what the writers of the Constitution (Really) meant.

2) The producer/director said it himself.."Hollywood won't produce it" If Hollywood won't produce they certainly won't endorse it; no doubt they will black list it.

Noble causes are great until one finds ulterior motive.

Peter Gould IS a Hollywood producer/director yet he needs to beg for public funding for his latest project.
    Sorry; I ain't buying it and not donating to him and his wealthy friends.

BTW; Gary Theroux is well connected as well.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

INFRINGED: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs

Hi All,

I found this site this afternoon by noticing a discussion thread on one of the forums about our in-development documentary, INFRINGED: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs. I commented on that thread (the comment is awaiting moderation at the time of this writing) but thought I should post a "hello" here as well.

INFRINGED is a pro-2A documentary intended for theatrical release in the fall of 2014. It features the top-tier Constitutional scholars and a series of planned dramatic reenactments designed to fully explain the Second Amendment and the slippery slope we embark upon should we allow present-day politicians to undermine it. Additionally it debunks the misinformation flooding today's mainstream media concerning so-called "gun violence," "assault weapons," etc. The idea is to produce an engaging and entertaining piece that anyone who doesn't already have their mind completely made up can enjoy and learn from.

I'm one of a team of four Connecticut-based independent filmmakers producing this project. Three of the four are gun owners directly impacted by Connecticut's new anti-2A legislation. The fourth, while not a gun owner, is a Constitutional conservative outraged at how the Bill of Rights is being undermined. All four of us are disgusted by how numerous other states, plus the Obama administration and certain members of Congress, are cynically using our state's disaster in Sandy Hook (about fifteen minutes' drive from here) and grieving parents to push an unconstitutional, anti-liberty agenda.

The project is to be funded through a Kickstarter campaign - the idea is to send the message that this is NOT a propaganda piece by the firearms industry or a special interest group but the product of American patriots, underwritten by mainstream Americans - the people this administration insists do NOT support the Second Amendment. We think that will make as powerful a statement as the film itself.

If anyone has any questions about the project I'm happy to answer.

Kind regards,

Peter Jay "Pete" Gould, Executive Producer / Director
    INFRINGED: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs
    www.infringedthemovie.com (website)
    www.facebook.com/infringedthemovie (Facebook)
    INFRINGED: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs by The Intervale Group LLC (Kickstarter)
    Last edited by PeteGould; September 6th, 2013 at 08:51 AM.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.
    PeteGould likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Sounds great. I look forward to seeing the final product. Maybe it will be as big as Obama's America 2016 even though he was still put back in office somehow.
    PeteGould likes this.

Welcome to the forum from South Carolina!

Another member made a thread regarding your project which included the trailer video in it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. I've sent out e-mail's to all my friends and family and we'll be donating to the cause.
    PeteGould likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Welcome...

from Central Floride!

ret
    PeteGould likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

MJK
    Welcome! Sounds like a great project; such a film will definitely fill a gap.
    PeteGould likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Welcome to the forum!
    PeteGould likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Welcome from Ohio.
    PeteGould likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin, Pete! Keep up the good work.
    PeteGould likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Lead Moderator
    Hi and welcome!!
    PeteGould likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Hello! Welcome from South East Kansas!
    PeteGould likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links