My Introduction

This is a discussion on My Introduction within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; from Central Florida! You should have plenty to share... Stay safe! ret...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Introduction

Welcome...

from Central Florida!
    You should have plenty to share...

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

Lead Moderator
    Welcome to the forum!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    welcome

Welcome

VIP Member
    Welcome from SE Missouri.

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Welcome from Texas.
    Fear No Evil.

Here are some old pics of me. They get newer as they progress. I left the rest of my pics in Mountain Home, Arkansas. I know the District Attourny Ron Kincaid, Prosecuting Attourny Emily Reed, Judge Dan Hall and about 80% of the Baxter County Sheriff's office I know very well and are good friends with them. I taught NJROTC rifle team at Mountain Home High School which is now called Mountain Home Academy. If you want to verify that, get in touch with Commader Toole or Master Chief Howe.

I'd post my resume but I am sure people would still doubt me.
    I am working on my fourth degree in International Business and a minor in german at ASU. I don't know how to verify that online without giving too much of my personal info out but here is a photo of my last graduation:

I used to be a member of Twin Lakes Gun Club. Here is their website: http://www.twinlakesgunclub.com/
    Be sure to check out the "Monthly Schedule" on that website because you then can understand how I got to shoot so many type of competitions.
    I am a lifetime member of the ATA as well, like I have said before I love trapshooting! I earned that lifetime membership at Lynn Creek Missouri in (i think) 1997

I stand by it, I am a big guy, I am German, Welsh and a little native american. I grew up on a farm (like I said) and here are some pics of one of those farms:
    I grew up doing a lot of farm work, ate steaks every day and hunted as much as possible. I have many more pictures of me at the farm but they are in Mountain Home, but like the pictures I will soon have of me measured out: stay tuned.

Here is a very old picture that is grainy of my Glock, Makarov and Ruger Mark 1 (plus a few sweet knives):
    And just like the farm pictures stay tuned because I will take more pics of my guns.

This christmas I shall be getting a new digital camera and in august (maybe May) I am going to get a digital videocamera and will gladly prove the things I have said in here on video and post them on youtube.com
    I am sorry that I seem so incredible, but please give me the benifit of the doubt as I honestly try to prove what I have said. I am not military, ex-military or LEO and I never claimed that I was. All I ever claimed was that I am an avid lover of shooting guns, among other things. Hekkenschutze is a nickname my grandfather gave me, it means sniper in German.

I am not some "web ninja" and I honestly hope no one sees this post as confrontational. I do not mean it that way at all. My goal of this post is to calm things down and to try to be forthcoming since some see me a withdrawn.

Can there be a new start?

"Honesty is the best policy. If I lose mine honor, I lose myself." - William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0 View Post
    I'm not trying to point the finger at anything, but who are you trying to impress? All you need to say is "Hey guy's I'm here and I want to learn as much as I can, and contribute to this forum as much as as I can"., we don't need your resume, or your junior high report card, or any photos of your collection, I know of one member here who has hijacked other peoples pics of guns and claimed them for thier own, your pictures won't do you any justice, but from the looks of your last few posts, your actions here will make you or break you.

May I suggest the "This is who I am, take it or leave it" appraoch.
    You know, I tried that "take it or leave it" approach and the admins threatened to kick me off this forum because other users flamed me in answers to my questions and flammed me for who I say I am and what I say I can do.

Honest to God I am not trying to impress anyone, but I am answering those who doubt me. You see, if I ingore them they flame me, if I respond admins threaten me and this way (the honest, open and truthful approach) is the only way I can redeem my credibility.

My pictures are not hijacked, I can assure you of this. I will soon take more pictures of my guns as I hold them in my hands. The picture with my guns in there I have claimed from the get go.

I did do what you said do, I did say that I want to contribute to this forum as much as I can and to learn as much as I can. Hence my questions and responses to posts that end up with flammers attacking me.

you do have a good point and I do wish that I could berrate them with a sully "I don't have to impress you!" But in truth, again, I am not trying to impress anyone, right now it is all I can do to prove myself truthful.

I personally think there are some people here who feel threatened by who I am and what I have done and don't want to believe it. No threats here guys! :) But I am going to vendicate myself from you flammers out there
    Last edited by Bumper; December 9th, 2006 at 11:33 PM. Reason: He was not threatened to be "kicked off the forum", but did receive an explanation of why he was getting piled on in thread..

Honestly, you don't need to feel like you have to validate yourself, everything you've done, or who you are. I don't. I am who I am, I know who I am, and if people can't understand it or don't want to know me, nuts to 'em.

As one of my old NCOs used to say, "**** 'em if they can't take a joke."

Oh, and I find this to be rather apropos:

"HEY, YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Honestly, you don't need to feel like you have to validate yourself, everything you've done, or who you are. I don't. I am who I am, I know who I am, and if people can't understand it or don't want to know me, nuts to 'em.

As one of my old NCOs used to say, "**** 'em if they can't take a joke."

"HEY, YOU KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!"
    Since you are translating, I forgot to add the umlaut to the "u" in Hekkenschutze

Es tut mir leid, hier: Hekkenschütze
    translate that ;)
    Hekken literally means "bush" and "schutzen" means protection but "schütze" means shooter. Germans put two words together to describe things rather than making brand new words up. Although this mannor has changed in the past 10-15 years.

Nate, I do know who I am, I am proud of who I am, what I've done and what I can do. I am only 23! I feel accomplished and no one will take take from me, especially on this forum
    Thing is, I can't say nuts to the admins or the flammers without the flammers flamming MORE and then admins get mad at me.

At any rate, I am going to start reporting flammers since their existance on my threads threatens my existance on this forum.

That did it!

As far as the perceived flamers - just let dead dogs lie, and start anew. You don't always have to be right, and you really don't have to prove what you have, where you got it, who you know, etc. To be honest, I (and probably a few others) don't care. On the same token, I don't expect anyone to give a rat's ass about what I've accomplished or what I'm packing, etc.

OTOH, yes, what you've accomplished in your life thus far is indeed worthy of admiration. I hope, and expect, that you will keep it up.

Just understand that there's a VERY fine line between healthy confidence and pride and an overestimation of one's skills. For a forum such as this, where we discuss means of protecting our lives if such an occasion ever arises, this overconfidence may very well prove deadly, and that's exactly what we're trying to avoid.

So, let's not beat the horse anymore. "He's dead, Jim."

Administrator
    OK...This is (I think) the first time I've ever closed a Member Introduction.

Everybody has had a long enough time to offer up a Welcome to this particular forum member.

I do not want a Welcome Thread to turn into a "back & forth" flame fest as it's not good for the overall CombatCarry image.

In case anyone has missed the opportunity...then I'll speak for them: ~ "Welcome to the Member" ~ and this thread is now officially closed.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links