My Introduction

This is a discussion on My Introduction within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; So I shall introduce myself: I am 23, male and I love many things. Namely guns! I have been shooting guns accurately, safely and happily ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Introduction

Cool My Introduction

So I shall introduce myself:

I am 23, male and I love many things.
    Namely guns! I have been shooting guns accurately, safely and happily since I was five years old. I have been hunting since I was seven years old when I killed a buck with my 870 pump. Since I was ten years old I have been shooting trap, skeet, highpower, smallbore, any pistol match I can find and three gun tactical shoots. I have built a few of my own guns, legally of course. I used to work for a Type 7 FFL holder in building guns for other people. I know the ins and outs of a lot of guns, I love to help others with guns, building them, shooting them correctly, hunting and with reloading. I take pride in what I do and I do other things as well...

I work on computers, I have an A+ Certification and CCNA in networking along with two CS Degrees. I have a degree in Management, minor in law, and I am working towards my International Business degree with a minor in German. I have traveled many places and I will travel many more. This coming 2007 I will spend most of in Germany working after I spend a month in China.

I work on cars, I have two ford mustangs: 1972 460 C-4, 1991 5.0 (LOTS OF MODS) and I have a Bronco with a 351C. My father and I have spent many years building cars and racing them. As such I have much valid experience there as well but not so applicable on this forum. I want a Kawasaki 650R Ninja motorcycle, a VW Jetta or a WRX Sti Subaru but I will always keep my Mustangs :D

What ties these things together? My love of engineering, mathmatics and my vast love of learning.

What guns do I have? LoL...
    Too many, so says my girl...
    I have a few AKMs, two ARs, 700, few mausers customized, CETME, HK 33 SBR, G3 and a HK91, had a Mini-14 but I could spit more accuratly than it could shoot, I have a civilian version of a Springfield M14 and a few other rifles. I want a FAL.
    I have a Glock 17 third generation, HK USP, Makarov, Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag, AutoOrdnance 45 1911, Ruger Mark I 6.5 Bullbarrel and a Charter Arms Bulldog 38 Special. I want a XD 45 and a HK USP 45 Tactical along with a Springfield 45 1911.
    I have a few trap shotguns, one skeet over and under, a Mossberg 500 Pistol Grip Pump and a Remington 870 Express Magnum both all in 12 gauge. I've got a 870 20 gauge from my youth and I have a 10/22 left over from youth standing next to my Red Rider and Benjamin Sheridan.

I've got enough guns to support a squad and enough ammo to invade Cuba with.

My philosophy is that we should live and let live and bring Hades to those who want trouble! I don't believe in terrorism and I do not believe that I am terrorised by anyone! I am not afraid to terrorists either, if they came to the Ozarks I'd just treat it like another hunting season. I love our troops, respect what they are doing for us and I wish they had better guns. I also don't agree with our foreign policy since the Monore Doctrine was broken. I am a Libertarian and feel as though everyone should be allowed to do what they want in their persuit of happiness as long as it does not harm others or effect other's persuit of happiness. This means I do not like gun laws...among other things. But this is me and is my introduction of myself, please don't debate me on politics for this is not the forum for that. I do, though, look forward to meeting, talking with and discussing with the people on this board :D

Ich bin der Hekkenschütze!!! Pass Auf!!

I like Jeff Cooper:

September 2003 - Of all sorts of possessions, the personal firearm is the most nearly unique. This is because of its permanence. When you have acquired a good gun, there is no real need ever to acquire another--except possibly for replacement in case of loss. This makes the marketing of firearms a frustrating enterprise. Except when dealing with adolescents, the marketer must aim at making a prospective purchaser unhappy with what he already has. You wear out clothes and automobiles, you drink up wines, you shoot up ammunition, but your gun is still there, just as desirable and efficient as it ever was, assuming that you chose it wisely in the first place.

May 2002 - So it appears that the "home of the brave" includes citizens who may be intimidated by the presence of a plastic knife! One may only be terrorized if he allows himself to be. "Terror" is a bad word and should be abandoned. Apparently, we are living in an age when word usage may be dictated by the timid, the cowardly and the dishonorable. Let us turn that around and set up proper English usage to suit people who are worthy of it. Just as you cannot be enslaved against your will, you cannot be terrorized against your will. We inherit a noble tradition. Let us now resolve to live up to it!

October 1990--"We herewith nominate the hippopotamus, when taken on land, to replace the leopard as a member of the Big 5. The hippo kills more people in Africa than the leopard ever met, and while the cat is undoubtedly fast and scratchy, one bite from the hippo is conclusive. Certainly sinking him with a brain shot from a boat at 15 feet or so is not very sporting, but if you can arrange to get between him and water in the cold gray light of dawn, you can have all the excitement you want."

May 1990--"The search for the outer limits of accuracy in rifles is an interesting pursuit. Sometimes, however, one can lose sight of reality. A tack-driving rifle is fun to shoot and a pleasure to own, but in the field, accuracy which the shooter cannot appreciate is of no value at all. Owning a tack-driving rifle is like owning a 175-mile-an-hour car--a largely hypothetical delight.''

April 1973--"Much as I favor the 1911, I wear a .44 Magnum in bear country."

January 1975--"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure--and in some cases I have--that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome from Missouri. Quite a profile!

VIP Member
    Willkommen
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Hey (Hek)? welcome to the forum from North central Arkansas. What part are you in? Okay I'll bite, translate hekkenschutze.

Damn! I am completely lazy by comparison.

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    Hey (Hek)? welcome to the forum from North central Arkansas. What part are you in? Okay I'll bite, translate hekkenschutze.
    I was born in Houma, Louisiana (45 miles southwest of New Orleans) I moved to Mississippi for a while and then to south central Missouri 30 miles from the arkansas border in a little town called Rover deep in the Ozarks. I have some family in Mountain Home which you should know!! :P

Hekkenschütze is a nickname and I do not want to translate it because I do not want others to use my nickname. :P
    Es tut mir leid!!
    Wo wohnst du?

Hi Hekkenschutze,
    Great intro....I can tell you are not the hunt & peck type (like me) on the keyboard. Have a great time on this forum. Gluglich Jagen!
    My son the first year German Student helped me with that!!!
    When you ever get the chance.....
    thank a VET!!!!

I started to read you intro...But I think I'll just wait for the movie

Welcome...

I always wanted to be a Hekkenschutze
    Last edited by jowgafist; December 3rd, 2006 at 12:21 AM.

VIP Member
    Isn't Rover around Gainsville. Beautiful area. And great fishing on Norfork Lake.

Welcome Hek!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Welcome -
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    Isn't Rover around Gainsville. Beautiful area. And great fishing on Norfork Lake.
    yeah, it is. Rover is halfway between Alton and West Plains. I do love norfork dam, I fly fish there sometimes...it is relaxing and the other flyfishermen there are really nice.

Right now I live close to Subiaco ;)

VIP Member
    Welcome from Middle Tennessee!

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Greetings! from Virginia
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Welcome from a Virginia Libertarian!
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links