First time buyer/walther ppk

This is a discussion on First time buyer/walther ppk within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I've been thinking about getting a conceal carry gun and I'd like to get something close to the dimensions/look of the ppk but in a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: First time buyer/walther ppk

I've been thinking about getting a conceal carry gun and I'd like to get something close to the dimensions/look of the ppk but in a 9mm, does anyone know of something like that?
    Ranger45 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

In 9mm? PPK size? Quite a few. Shield. XDS. Ruger LC9. SCCY CPX-2. To name a few.

I've owned all 4 listed and the SCCY is the only one of those I still own today. I'd give that one a very hard look. It's a very unsung but fabulous American made gun.

SCCY CPX-2 9mm Review
    maxwell97 and NONAME762 like this.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    add to that list the Walther PPS and Beretta Nano as well.

just search for micro-compact 9mm handguns.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

So slim and sleek then ?

I will add to the other poster with a imop piece . I have owned the shield nice gun but very very hard to rack and put the slide back on at first . I know for me the xds is a gun I would want to buy but I would wait for the more post recall models to pop up but I would consider that then . And for me I don't like lawyer locks which the lc9 has but I know they have good reviews.

I agreed that the cpx-2 has great reviews and is def worth a look at . I know the safety on the one was a pita but the cpx-2 is good to go .

I would add look at some of the h&k guns like the p-7 and such h&k makes a lot of small compact ppk guns

How about a pps?
    walther-pps-ccw-9mm-striker-fired-pistol-in-hand-7rd-8rd-magazines.jpg

Or a Khar . A lot people love them . I had one but the recoil was hard but I would still get anouther one if I could put a grip wrap on it . Plus the have that nice wood and metal look the ppks have

I was talking dimensions as well as the style

There isn't much that will look like a PPk but there are many small 9mm's out there. Look at the Sig 224 or the Ruger LC9.
    "Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid."

I've been looking at the shield as well but if there isn't anything that's going to look like it i'll probably get that and a 9mm, would a 380 acp be enough for a concealed?

yeah Kahr and Kel-Tec have good oens, too. I hve a Kahr K9 that works quite well.

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by T0XICPR0XY View Post
    I've been looking at the shield as well but if there isn't anything that's going to look like it i'll probably get that and a 9mm, would a 380 acp be enough for a concealed?

Hey I did find this for you WALTHER PP 9MM-PRE WAR COMMERCIAL : Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com 9mm pp gun not a ppk but same family but very expanse maybe you can hunt around and find one not so high

See this a pp 9mm they did make the pp in a lot of calibers but it seems most were pre 68 so are pricy
    eb072.jpg

Yeah 380 imop is just great for CC . Maybe 10-20 years ago when there few loads out there for it and the guns were crap I would not have now though I am just fine with it . Personal 380 maybe 32 are the lowest I ever carry. Also note the ppk as you know is not a small nor snag free gun so not that great for pocket carry . Pocket carry is why I like 380s small and a very nasty surprise ..

Also not the s&w ppk were recalled a while back for issue so keep that in mind .

Finnaly dont forgt that 007 carry a 32 acp ppk and it worked for him

I think now a days there are fewer and fewer all metal small guns out there there and the ones they are tend to be 32 or 380 and the 9s for whatever reason are some plastic wonder.

I would just to a big gun shop or show and look around and see what catchs your eye. You never know you may find somthing you love

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I would just get the PPK. I would get a real one, not a PPK/S, but they run about double. I've lost about a dozen GB auctions because they went high or I forgot to check, but one of these days I'll get one for a decent price.

.380 will kill just as dead as 9mm. They're both up close rounds. When I hold both cartridges in my hand they both look tiny, but both will get the job done, you just need to be a little more selective in ammo if you're carrying a .380.

There are three pistols I do not own and want, and the PPK is among them. I totally understand. It's a very beautiful and functional design. There is a lot to be said for pistols that are very comfortable to carry, and if you're a low hassle guy like I am they make perfect sense.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Welcome from Memphis. I second the SCCY 9mm. I have one and if I needed another gun, I would buy another just like it. I got the 2nd gen stainless steel and I love it.

I have about 500 rounds +/- through it without one FTE or FTF. Easy to clean, shoot and carry. Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty and good CS. All for under 300 bucks.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As far as the PPK vs PPK/S, I'd go with the /S myself, since you get an additional round for carry with a slightly longer grip. If you're going to carry a smaller round like a .380 you may as well carry as many of them as you can.

Administrator
    There is the Rohrbaugh if you have a lot of extra money in your wallet that you don't know what to do with.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Welcome from Ohio.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links