Defensive Carry banner

Backwards introduction

992 views 35 replies 35 participants last post by  CCIE33560 
#1 ·
Hello,

I know I already have a few posts but I figured it was about time I posted an intro thread. I'm just not good at these so I wasn't really sure what to say.
My interest in firearms started as interest in self-defense. I was the target of an attempted mugging back when I was in high school. It was a traumatic experience and I never, ever wanted to feel that way again. After that, I carried my mace everywhere I went and kept my head on a swivel. My parents are gun-owners, so I was introduced to firearms via a CCW class for my 18th birthday. I turn 21 in 2 months, so the last year or so I've spent more time on the range, tried to learn as much as I can on the internet, and lurked here until I joined recently, in preparation for getting my CCW soon.
I don't post much, but mainly lurk and like other people's posts. But when I do post, I like to offer a woman's perspective since we are the definite minority in this area, and I often see statements made about carrying that really don't apply to me as a woman.
I apologize if I step on anyone's toes. I have a very straight-forward way of interacting online, but I never intend to be rude. :embarassed:

:wave:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from Tennessee.......the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

Reactions: StormRhydr
#11 ·
Welcome from S. FL. I think the number of women carrying is increasing, not by leaps and bounds though.

#12 ·
GH, I see what you did there. Very clever.

.sihpmeM morf emocleW

See, I am extending the trend. Anyway, welcome aboard. We need more women on here. Us grumpy old men run out of things to say, well intelligent polite conversation at least, and need a woman's perspective.

Reactions: GH
#15 ·
Hello,
I don't post much, but mainly lurk and like other people's posts. But when I do post, I like to offer a woman's perspective.

I apologize if I step on anyone's toes. I have a very straight-forward way of interacting online, but I never intend to be rude. :embarassed: :wave:
So...you're one who shoots from the hip so to speak.... or probably been one to call a spade a spade from time to time.

Not a problem. I've been calling a spade a spade for the last 40 some years. Plus I ain't the only one here with this type of attitude.

Meanwhile....Howdy Hay from FEMA Region X today.

#24 ·
Welcome to the forum. There are actually a bunch of us here, but never enough. We always like to see one more woman - especially a young'n who can give us a fresh perspective on things.

(BTW.....I really AM old enough to be your Granny.........)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.