New here & to Conceal Carry in SC

This is a discussion on New here & to Conceal Carry in SC within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Started carrying Nov 4th 2013, exciting! Yet, so many questions come to mind everyday. So, I am glad I found this forum with people from ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New here & to Conceal Carry in SC

Started carrying Nov 4th 2013, exciting! Yet, so many questions come to mind everyday. So, I am glad I found this forum with people from all walks of life.

The first time I handled a gun was maybe three years ago and I loved it. I have spent a lot of time at the range since and have had a CWP for a little over a year. Finally got my act together about 4 months ago, did my research and tested a few 9mm (before that I shot and owned a 22 MKIII Ruger). I had tested the LC9, XDs, shield and a few .38 revolvers. The S&W M&P Shield 9mm was my favorite from the ones i tested and I happened to see it at a gun show recently!

Now I need help finding a better way to carry, currently using a leather handbag that has a great velcro-held holster in a side zipper. I would like to find a comfortable inside wait holster or small of back. Also, any recommendations for classes? I want to take either NRA or other Advanced Pistol training to function better under a high stress situation.

Thanks!
    Ranger45, ArmyCop and BenGoodLuck like this.

Firstly welcome Second if you possibly can dump the off body hand bag type carry. Very easy to lose your gun that way or not have it in reach when you need it.

There are a ton of holsters out there. My wife and I both carry in a simple single clip soft suede Bianchi. She OWB and myself either IWB or OWB depending on weather. . She a SR9 me a SW9VE though I have carried SW40VE and a P945 in the same holster. And a SR9c also.

That said I plan to get her a N squared iwb for her SR9 or get her an SR9c and carry the SR9 myself. Though ill still use the same holster I do now.

Just look around ask questions. Alien Gear seems to be pretty popular. Crossbreed supertuck, etc.

I would avoid small of the back carry though. Fall on your back or get knocked on your back and a gun back there can easily damage your spine.

Ton of folks here with alot of knowledge that will chime in im sure. Again Welcome to DC.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome aboard. My wife likes the Lady FIST holster and the Tommy Gun fannypack. Be safe.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Hello! Welcome from South East Kansas!

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Welcome from Ohio!
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

welcome from upstate S.C. I like the Alien gear.

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin! You'll eventually hit on a good carry method. It'll take a bit of experimentation.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Hi from TN.

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.

I've found for me the 3:30-4:00 carry position works best, whether IWB or OWB. Tried SOB for a while and gave it up for several reasons. The potential of spinal injuries from a fall, the discomfort of carry when driving and the blind sweep on the draw.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome from S.C.

Welcome from Southwest Florida.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member
    welcome from Wisconsin
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Welcome from the Pee Dee area of SC.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links