Looking for some good opinions

This is a discussion on Looking for some good opinions within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I just came across this site recently, unfortunately to read the horror stories about the Kimber Solo. I made the mistake of impulse buying one ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Looking for some good opinions

I just came across this site recently, unfortunately to read the horror stories about the Kimber Solo. I made the mistake of impulse buying one after my friend let me shoot his at the range. I have been shooting for quite a while, but more recently moved away from hunting hardware to handguns. About 5 years ago, I bought my first semi auto...a FN Herstal FNX-40. I love it, but it is not ideal for concealed carry. I was perfectly content with having this for home protection and for enjoying some fun times at the shooting range with my friends. More recently, after several near encounters with this new "knockout game" and an attempted carjacking, I decided it was time to start carrying everyday. I wanted to get a nice small piece that I can easily conceal under whatever I am wearing, and I wanted to get plenty of practice with it before I took my CPL class. I already posted about my Kimber Solo fiasco, so I'm not going to go into all that again. It's back at Kimber, and I had to put off taking the class for now. I want to take the class with what I will be carrying everyday, since it doesn't make sense to me to go to the class with something I use only for the range and for home defense. Anywho...my question I want to ask of the members here is, what concealed carry pistols do you trust your life with? What do carry everyday? I look forward to hearing what you have to say, and hoping that I will end up with something that I can trust if the time ever comes.

Also, I WILL NOT trust my life or the lives of my family to Kimber.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Glocks and 1911's, preferably Colt and Springfield.
    Exacto, Lee 1973, OldVet and 4 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee.

VIP Member
    Glock 17, Glock 19, M&P9, and M&P9c are my main carry guns. All have been completely reliable.
    Exacto and d2jlking like this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum from Maryland .........................And a Good Opinion is one you agree with .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    38/357 snub

brand, almost, doesn't matter. maybe the only gun you can say that about.

i'm small and have a hard time hiding big autos, and don't trust small ones. (only my neurotic opinion, and an admittedly baseless one)

even the 38 i can't hide at work, so i'm considering a snake slayer just for work....!
    MustangRob likes this.

Welcome aboard from Orygun! I am sure you will get many different recommendations. I personally carry a government size 1911 in .45 ACP or 10mm. It goes on the nightstand at night and on my hip when I get up and get dressed.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

I carry a Sig Sauer P229 in 9mm. Trust my life with it.
    CCIE33560, MustangRob and Pinot like this.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia. My primary carry guns are either a CZ P-01, P-07 or RAMI.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

My EDC is a Colt Defender.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
    MustangRob likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

VIP Member
    My EDC guns are either my Glock 26 or my S&W model 60 .38, 5 shot revolver. Wish I could carry both at the same time, but not enough body to hide more than one at a time..............

and, BTW, the only guy in our local shooting group who consistently has problems with his guns malfunctioning is the one who shoots Kimbers: all sizes.
    MustangRob likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Welcome from Norfolk,Va. I carry a Glock 27. The 26 is also good. My Son-in-law carries a DB9, which shoots really nice. My wife carries a S&W 642. There are some nice 1911s out there. S&W, Springfield Armory are really good. I've heard some good comments on RIA, but I don't have any first hand experience with them. Good Luck and Be Safe.

VIP Member
    Welcome

SIG H&K???
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house! My EDC is the S&W Shield in 9mm.
    MustangRob likes this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links