Defensive Carry banner

Hello from Hailey

3K views 50 replies 43 participants last post by  Aceoky 
#1 ·
Hello,I am Hailey and I have a .38 Smith and Wesson for protection.There was a few family members that talked me into this,said no at first and finally it was in December I decided to go for this.I am glad I did this knowing my situtation.I was in an abusive relationship and got out on Tuesday kicking my abusive husband out.It is looking good for me now being a mom of 2 kids.I have my concealed weapons permit now.I did this just in case my estranged husband comes back to hurt me and if I get broken into defending myself.I am getting used to my Smith and Wesson very well,get it out once in a while shooting it.It is concealed under my bed in a gun safe that is opened by my fingerprint only.

#29 ·
Always remember that employing lethal force is the last option on a long list of choices you can make. Approach self defense with a preventive mindset; the best gunfight is the one you never had to have.

Reactions: gatorbait51
#33 ·
Hi haileyj1! Welcome to the forum from Texas. This is a great place to learn and to share! Congratulations on getting out of an abusive relationship and for making the important decision to defend yourself!

CANT
---------
Carry Always, Never Tell!

Reactions: MustangRob
#42 ·
Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. :wave: And congrats on getting out of the abusive relationship and taking the necessary steps to protect yourself and your kids. Keep on training, and training, and training. Hope you never have to use it, but it is better to be prepared than to be a victim! :yup:

Reactions: MustangRob
#43 ·
Welcome to DC from Washington State. Get yourself a good holster and watch your SA at all times.

#50 ·
I also have a S&W .38 Special. It is a great little close-range defensive weapon. I hope you never have to use it against your "husband" and that its only work is target practice. Do you have the Bodyguard 2" barrel type Hailey? I bought that as a secondary carry weapon, and I love it, but beyond 5 or 6 yards it is not very accurate. Right now, my little .38 is mostly used to teach my daughter firearm safety and proper handling and shooting technique. Well...best wishes to you, and your kids. It's great to see more women taking up arms and standing up for themselves and their families. Take care...and welcome to the forum.

#51 ·
Welcome from Western KY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.