Hello from Hailey

This is a discussion on Hello from Hailey within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello,I am Hailey and I have a .38 Smith and Wesson for protection.There was a few family members that talked me into this,said no at ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Hello from Hailey

Hello from Hailey

Hello,I am Hailey and I have a .38 Smith and Wesson for protection.There was a few family members that talked me into this,said no at first and finally it was in December I decided to go for this.I am glad I did this knowing my situtation.I was in an abusive relationship and got out on Tuesday kicking my abusive husband out.It is looking good for me now being a mom of 2 kids.I have my concealed weapons permit now.I did this just in case my estranged husband comes back to hurt me and if I get broken into defending myself.I am getting used to my Smith and Wesson very well,get it out once in a while shooting it.It is concealed under my bed in a gun safe that is opened by my fingerprint only.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum from Maryland.......................... Also good luck in starting a new life and i wish you the very best .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Welcome from Memphis.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

The abuse was bad,verbally and physical.My estranged husband and I were seperated after an arguement going bad 5 monthes ago.He threw a glass at me cutting my left hand and it did hurt.My father paid for the concealed weapons class was my 35th birthday present from him last month
    Last edited by haileyj1; February 16th, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Welcome, and be safe!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Welcome from Alabama
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

MJK
    Welcome Hailey! Consider taking a home defense class such as that offered by the NRA. Not only will you acquire new skills and knowledge, but your confidence and sense of independence will increase.

Be safe and watch your 6 at all times!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Glad you're moving forward. Welcome to DC. Be careful.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

I took a home self defense class a couple weeks ago and learned very well.My family and friends were right,I deserve better and behind me for support.My mother even carries also having a concealed weapons permit,she is one tough woman and I learned from here.Only family member that can't have a gun in my family is my father.He is a convicted felon and served a 5 year sentence for selling drugs

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Welcome from Western Kentucky haileyj1. Take care of yourself and your two kids and don't take any crap off of him any more. Life is too short to have to live with abuse from anybody.
    gatorbait51 and SteelerFan like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Welcome from snowy N.E. PA... lets hope you don't need the .38, but it's nice to know you have protected yourself and your kids against a known threat.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

GH
    Welcome from Wisconsin, Hailey!

My oldest daughter went through what you went through. Not a pretty picture. It's a good thing her brother & I live an hour & a half away otherwise we'd both be sitting in the slammer. The local PD up there beat us to it & he was safe in lockup. Divorce was final late last year & now she can barely make ends meet. He works once in a while but doesn't giver her & her son very much.

She'd dearly love to get her CCL but can't afford the classes or a firearm & I'm too poor to pay for them. Hopefully with this new job of hers she can start paying bills & get licensed.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I already filed for divorce.I admit that I look up to my mother.I have a 13 year old daughter Allison and 11 year old son Jackson,they witnessed the abuse happening
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Welcome from the PRM!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links