hello from florida

hello from florida

This is a discussion on hello from florida within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello all; Recent events have had me seriously consider getting my concealed weapons license. when i was younger, mostly in my teens, I used to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: hello from florida

hello from florida

Hello all;
    Recent events have had me seriously consider getting my concealed weapons license.
    when i was younger, mostly in my teens, I used to go shooting with friends. almost always with borrowed guns. seldom with pistols. riffles and shot guns was what my friends were shooting and seeing some of my friends were good ole' souther boys we got to use daddy's 30 ot 6 or 8 gage from time to time. one friend's father had a great .357 and when he was allowed to take it out (and we could afford enough ammo because it never came with bullets included) we all couldn't wait for our turn.

now I am older and find I may need to shoot more than bottles and cans. And yes. we destroyed a good number of cans with an 8 gage as dumb as that may sound.

I own a .38 taurus. an inexpensive gun I purchased at a gun show. Just to keep in the night stand now that we live in the sticks. I bought it because it was an affordable no thrills revolver I figured I could rely on without worrying about a safety. we do not have any children. I at least feel better knowing I am going to sleep with some protection near by. I always go to sleep with the drawer open and I have practiced taking it out of its spot.

Recently there was an armed robbery in an area where I do work on a regular basis. it was actually a few blocks away but the perps came from the area I work in. They were caught and its known that they walked to their target and the area I service was really the only place they could have come from. Plus they were found going back there. The robbery was ended abruptly when a store patron flashed his hand gun and the two young men decided to leave only to be soon captured because another store owner I personally know noticed them getting "dressed up" for the crime. In his words they were very brazen and didn't seem to care that some one watched them put on some masks. I figure they were also very stupid.

so here I am. figured I would ask some advice before I made a purchase. I apologize in advance for any stupid querstions I ask
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Welcome to the forum. There are dozens of posts dealing with what kind of gun to choose for self defense and everyday carry. You might want to read them before you ask questions that have already been answered. It could save you quite a bit of time and be very helpful as you try to zero in on actually buying a carry gun. Best wishes.
    SteelerFan likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

One word. GLOCK

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Two words... Sig Sauer
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    Oh, and welcome to the forum. Great people here and a lot of knowledge.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Bouts,

Hey, I am new to this forum. I am in West Palm Beach area. If you want I can give you the CCW class for free. I do one class for free every year to one student.

I am a NRA instructor (The class will not be a NRA class).
    SigIsTheAnswer likes this.

Welcome bouts. I could name off a bunch of options but I think research is the key to answering the question yourself which is what it will come down to anyway. You have already started by joining here. There are many forums on the web that will serve you well. Many are mentioned here at the very bottom of the main forum page. One of my favorites is / The Firing Line / Once you get a few ideas of what fits your needs, see if there is a local gun shop (LGS) around where you live, preferably one that has a range and will let you rent or try out what you are interested in and check out what they have to offer. That way you can get a feel for the firearm.

Whatever fits your hand and you are comfortable shooting and carrying. Welcome from Memphis.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome to Defensive Carry The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Hey Buddy

Welcome from south Florida...

Welcome from TN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links