Defensive Carry banner

New member from West Virginia

957 views 36 replies 34 participants last post by  JDE101 
#1 ·
I was referred by my dad, PhilGoings. Maybe I can get him to be more active. :tongue:

I pretty much grew up around guns. We hunted and shot for fun, reloaded even archery for a few years. The past 10 years or so though I've been more or less out of the firearm loop as other than work I focused mainly on different bands I played in. Now I've retired from that and with things getting worse rather than better I'm getting back into firearms. My wife just bought her first gun and we plan to take a class mid-March and get our concealed carry permits.

I'm here to be a sponge and catch up on 10+ years of information.

Cheers,
Norm

#9 ·
Thanks everybody. Parrisk, where I live it's actually fairly urban, but even though I live within pistol shot of Ohio across the river I can drive about 20 minutes in any direction and be in the boonies. It's one of the really nice things about this area.

#14 ·
... I'm getting back into firearms. My wife just bought her first gun and we plan to take a class mid-March and get our concealed carry permits.
A premature 'Congrats' on the new-found responsibilities. Good choice, for the both of you. :yup:

Particularly if you've got a lifetime of experience around firearms, by all means jump right in and contribute/engage. The water's fine.

Welcome aboard. :wave:

#16 ·
Hi Norm66! Welcome to the forum from Texas. This is a great place to learn and to share! Congrats on you and your wife making the important decision to conceal carry and protect yourselves and your loved ones.

CANT
---------
Carry Always, Never Tell!

#20 ·
You'll be swabbing the deck like a sailor in no time here Norm. Welcome to DC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.