Hello from PA

Hello from PA

This is a discussion on Hello from PA within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Turning 45 on Friday! Naturally going to our local gun club to help celebrate. My latest pistol is an HK 45 and I love it. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Hello from PA

Hello from PA

Turning 45 on Friday! Naturally going to our local gun club to help celebrate. My latest pistol is an HK 45 and I love it. Only problem-being a bit over 5 foot and trying to conceal carry a full size HK. Hmmm....May be checking out other HK pistols coming up at Grice's at the end of March-they have a nice selection in one place. I definitely would like to add to our HK collection.
    I have worked at the same Veterinary Practice since 1990.
    Parrisk and BenGoodLuck like this.

Welcome from cold snow covered N. E. PA.. Not only a Pennsyl-tuckian but a fish to boot... just turned 25 yesterday. [edit] darn dyxslexia, turned 52

Check the prices at Grices, but look for the deals at Bob's ..
    heard Miller's has a big selection but have never been in there myself. Heading to Penn State for the NASP states and plan on going in there Saturday weekend coming up
    NONAME762 likes this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Cool

Well you're still a young man might I make this suggestion. But first a short story:

I was at a gun show looking for a new holster. Start talking to a guy selling deep concealment holsters. What some on DC call **belly bands.** This guy was about my height but skinny as a rail. He's trying to sell me on the idea that he can carry a 1911 discretely at 12 o'clock. I'm like yeah sure...He reaches between his shirt and jeans and pulls out a full size 1911. Not being a fool I pull out $55 (no tax te he he) and proceeded to use this holster for the next 5+years.

This holster shows some wear. It could use some light repairs that might take 5 minutes start to finish. At the time I bought it 13-14 years ago I found it has 4 pockets. Room for 2 guns and 4 to 6 magazines. Sometimes I carried my 380 and my BUG right there in front. I found that leaving the Velcro buckle set and putting it on like putting on my pants over my tucked in shirt worked perfectly. I have a minimum amount of fuzz destroying the Velcro actual. My Smart Carry is made from successive layers of blue denim and a strong medium duty 2 inch wide web belt that is fully two thirds Velcro.

Well GCG1944 am I to reckon you were born in 1944? If so I'd say Far Out!! You're still going into the office regularly? I say Right On. I would have preferred to continue tractoring and working Maintenance. I was just better at repairing/installations than sometimes dealing with people. We all can't be Mister Green Jeans.

Oh...before I forget. Here's my standard greeting:

Howdy Hay from NW Washington State Today.
    CGC1944 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Could you please tell me where "Bob's" is located? I am near Harrisburg, so it sounds like Miller's is just an easy jaunt up 322 North. Our one buddy suggested to my husband to go to Grice's. I have checked out Trops in Elizabethtown, and of course Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, and Cabela's. It is just hard to find a place that carries a variety of the HK's.

Had to look up "NASP"-I have my father-in-laws bow and arrows. I would like to practice with those this spring. Have fun this weekend!

And congrats on your "25th" birthday :- )
    Parrisk likes this.

Welcome to the forum, from Georgia.

Thanks!

Holster - cheap and extremely versitile.. Pistol Wear - Holsters that fit your lifestyle. trumpcard.. use as shoulder, crossdrawl, IWB etc..

Bob's Army Navy 229 E Market St, Clearfield PA
    Grices Gun Shop 216 Reed St, Clearfield PA
    they are only 2-3 blocks apart.. Grice's has an awesome selection, ok prices. Bob's less inventory but great prices and they negotiate, Ammo I found Bob's to be around $0.05 per round cheaper

So when we go, we look in at Grices, check with Bob's and then hit Grices again on the way home.. don't think I ever left Clearfield without leaving at least a couple hundred $'s behind ;-)

Millers Gun Shop 6945 Nittany Valley Dr, Mill Hall PA.. just under 1 hour East of Bob's Grices.. hear they have a great selection and ok prices.. heading there Saturday

Hope you have a good B-day
    NONAME762 and CGC1944 like this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

VIP Member
    Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Welcome to the forum!

Never heard of either Bob's or Grice's, but if you have found a gun store with a decent stock of HKs then I would be reluctant to go elswwhere. If the prices suit your requirements at Grice's then I would continue to patronize them.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I've always LOVED those Army Navy surplus stores. As a kid growing up I often would hit the Battery Street surplus store. It was the building right on The Corner. Mounted to the roof above the front doors was an old Rocket 20 feet long. It was painted RED. Most folks me included referred to it as the Rocket Surplus Store. It was a 10 year olds dream. The memories. Old dark hardwood floors. GI Surplus from the floor to over my head. Hexamine Fuel Tablets 6 to a tube 10 cents each. I saw a partial yesterday. Partial nuttin'!! It's full and got several feet of cloth first aid tape around bottom end. OD tubes are 3 1/4" long and looks like the end caps are brass. Hexamine fuel tabs were made to heat canned C rats. Just for giggles I'd love to have 2-4 boxes of C Rations box and all.

That's another gun nut fetish I have. I collect rations from world wide. Australia Defense rations are half the size of MREs and plastic bag is clear so contents are viewable. I have an old LRRP RATION. It's a Mountain House freeze dried entrée. Chicken and Rice possibly. That's what the other LRRP ration was. HUA

Bless their hearts I like food from around the world. Literally. I have just 2 individual serving packages of **Made in Korea**
    Sticky White Rice left. Made by ***Annie Chun's***....my rice never turns out this good. Almost 1/2 a pound at 7.4oz it's yummy as all get out obliterated with butter and a dash of sea salt. If I had my way I'd have 200 servings. I did buy around 60 or 70 for just a buck each.

0opsy I went a tad OT again
    Last edited by NONAME762; March 11th, 2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Yabba Dabba Dooooooooooo
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Thank you Everyone :- )

Welcome from S.C.

Enjoy the forum.............
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links