Young Pre-Carry permit researcher

This is a discussion on Young Pre-Carry permit researcher within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello and greetings from Alabama! I stumbled upon this forum while in a mountain of research regarding my soon application for a carry permit. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Young Pre-Carry permit researcher

Hello and greetings from Alabama!

I stumbled upon this forum while in a mountain of research regarding my soon application for a carry permit. I have SOOOO many questions that I feel the members here will have good insight into, and look forwards to discussing these with you guys and gals.

Would it be best to post these in a formatted form (as they vary in topic) here in this thread or do I need to make a new thread for them?

Either way, glad to be here. And look forward to learning from your guy's experiences.

J.

(Yes I did accidentally misspell my username while registering :)
    BenGoodLuck and squid86 like this.

Welcome from Memphis.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Welcome! Take a look at the description for each of the sub forum and post the appropriate questions in there. IE, if you have a question about what type of carry gun post it in the defensive carry gun forum, if you have a question about how to conceal a weapon then the concealed carry discussion forum.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Welcome.

It is best to ask questions individually (e.g. one or two per post) in the correct Sub-Forum, starting new threads.
    BenGoodLuck and rocky like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member
    welcome from Wisconsin
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Hi from TN. Get yourself a good Glock 19, and dont let these 1911 types lead you astray.

Welcome to the forum. It is always a good idea to look through as many of the thousands of existing posts as you can because very often your questions are the same ones other people have asked - and there are already LOTS of answers here. Use the search function to help you.
    RickyD, rocky, DanielC and 3 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Hi SoutherBoy! Welcome to the forum from Texas. This is a great place to learn and to share! I carry a 3rd Gen Glock 30 SF. Congrats on making the decision to get your carry permit and to defend yourself and your loved ones.

First, you can send a message to the moderators asking them to correct your user name. I actually changed my username awhile ago.

Second, use the search function to search for threads that might answer your questions. The best sub-forum for concealed carry issues and questions is the, appropriately named, Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions

Don't be shy and post your questions! We're mostly gentle but we're also extremly honest. So you'll get a lot of good answers and great info.

CANT
    ---------
    Carry Always, Never Tell!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Welcome from Norfolk, VA

Glad to see you're looking for answers on DC. It means that you're probably serious and sensible when it comes to personal protection. Remember to stay safe!
    Deaconswife

Welcome.

The two biggest "issues" that I personally had at first was getting used to having a loaded firearm with me, and feeling self-conscious when carrying like everyone knew I was carrying. Training and practice got me past the first issue quickly, and hearing from others that the initial uncomfortable feeling for the first week or two was fairly common helped with the second. It never hurts to ask questions, and usually you will get a lot of good feedback.

Welcome to the forum from Tennessee.

Welcome from Minnesota! I'm norther, myself.

I've found this to be an excellent site for learning about carry. ShooterGranny is right, there's plenty of info already covered somewhere in here, but don't be afraid to ask anyway. Everybody loves talking guns, even topics that have been discussed at some point.

Just be sure to follow the forum rules, or (as I was once wisely advised): "SIXTO will literally break the internet in half and beat you across the neck with it."
    welder516 likes this.
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum from "Elder516" in Maryland ................................. I did it on may post too . Have a great time .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by SoutherBoy View Post
    Would it be best to post these in a formatted form (as they vary in topic) here in this thread or do I need to make a new thread for them?
    Definitely, post specific topics and questions for discussion into their appropriate forums. Works best, that way. Folks can find the discussions they want to participate in; you can garner the greatest responses to your questions. Win/win. But, dumping the "good" stuff into an introduction forum that isn't frequented by folks, and you'll find you rarely get great play on your discussions.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. Dive right in, the water's fine.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links