Utah Newb

Utah Newb

This is a discussion on Utah Newb within the New Members Introduce Yourself forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hey guys, I've already made a few posts on here. Very new to concealed carry and it's been a good addition to my everyday life. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Utah Newb

Utah Newb

Hey guys, I've already made a few posts on here. Very new to concealed carry and it's been a good addition to my everyday life.

For a long time I was a closet gun person who enjoyed watching shows on tv about guns and whatnot. In the past few months I've been reading a lot about concealed carry after realizing that Utah is the place to conceal and carry.

I spent time at the range with a great friend of mine who is an NRA instructor and narrowed down the choice of gun to get as my first. After about 500 rounds and shooting several Glocks, Sigs, and H&K, the Shield, Beretta, and Rugers, I settled on the Beretta Nano for price and comfort in my hand while shooting. It's been a great gun for me.

I am already looking at more options to add to my everyday carry options. I'll be adding a .380 to the family soon as a Summer carry option and for my wife to enjoy.

As an avid outdoorsman and climber, I needed to have that tool with me all the time as an extra measure of security.

Looking forward to spending time on here hopefully educating myself more through your experience.

Beretta Nano 9mm
    Versacarry IWB holster

A hobby turned passion
    rugergunner and BenGoodLuck like this.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum from Maryland
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    Welcome to the forum!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash13a View Post
    Hey guys, I've already made a few posts on here. Very new to concealed carry and it's been a good addition to my everyday life.

For a long time I was a closet gun person who enjoyed watching shows on tv about guns and whatnot. In the past few months I've been reading a lot about concealed carry after realizing that Utah is the place to conceal and carry.

I spent time at the range with a great friend of mine who is an NRA instructor and narrowed down the choice of gun to get as my first. After about 500 rounds and shooting several Glocks, Sigs, and H&K, the Shield, Beretta, and Rugers, I settled on the Beretta Nano for price and comfort in my hand while shooting. It's been a great gun for me.

I am already looking at more options to add to my everyday carry options. I'll be adding a .380 to the family soon as a Summer carry option and for my wife to enjoy.

As an avid outdoorsman and climber, I needed to have that tool with me all the time as an extra measure of security.

Looking forward to spending time on here hopefully educating myself more through your experience.

Beretta Nano 9mm
    Versacarry IWB holster

A hobby turned passion
    COOL! Welcome to the forum and the "club". Utah is a great state, and wish I lived there. Indiana is pretty gun friendly as well. I have my Indiana Resident permit, and my Utah Non-resident permit. Your permit is recognized by Ohio, and being as though I go there a lot, I had to add that one to my Indiana. Great to have you and great choice on your first pistol. I love my Nano!
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Welcome .. So nice a new one has pic.. And yeah this hobby can be rather encompassing I do say ( glancing over at my bulging ammo cans )

I been eying a nano when I manged to get some more cash in hand ...

Utah is up there with the ok with gun states I do say ... Pretty state too ...
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Welcome from the heart of Washington wine country.

Distinguished Member
    Welcome Dash13a to the best CC forum on the net, and greetings from the great state of Texas. Lots of good folks here from all over. You can learn much here. Good to have you amongst us.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome from South Carolina!

VIP Member
    Welcome from Wisconsin>
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Good job! NICE!

Nanos are good guns! A little big for 9mm but well made!

Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Welcome to the forum!

It's always good to meet another "right" handed shooter.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Welcome from Ohio!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links